In 3 hours...

Our countdown clock will go below 100 days!!!!! In celebration, would you please post your favorite AOS pics so that I may day(night)dream.

Thanks so much!

:D:):D:):D

You are going to start checking happy hour specials to see if the price of your cruise goes down....right?

We booked through Travelocity though...

It doesnt matter. If the price of your cruise drops, or they (RCCL) start to offer any extras, or people who book in your home state get a discount, you should be able to call travelocity and request the perk/discount.

In fact, if you are not totally glued to your room for any reason, and you see a price drop that only applies to noew bookings, I would tell Travelocity that you are going to cancel with them and rebook with RCCL if they cant do anything for you..... (they could always give you a shipboard credit to make up for the difference....)

Sneaky, yes..but heck......

Just make sure you can get a room in a category and location on the ship that you will be happy with, before you cancel travelocity, should you decide to cancel and rebook with RCCL....

Just a thought!

It doesnt matter. If the price of your cruise drops, or they (RCCL) start to offer any extras, or people who book in your home state get a discount, you should be able to call travelocity and request the perk/discount.

In fact, if you are not totally glued to your room for any reason, and you see a price drop that only applies to noew bookings, I would tell Travelocity that you are going to cancel with them and rebook with RCCL if they cant do anything for you..... (they could always give you a shipboard credit to make up for the difference....)

Sneaky, yes..but heck......

Just make sure you can get a room in a category and location on the ship that you will be happy with, before you cancel travelocity, should you decide to cancel and rebook with RCCL....

Just a thought!

Thanks! We will give it a try.

Just some information that I have gleaned. IF the Happy Hour Specials are for after your final payment, you cannot use them. They are usually for first bookings.

That being said, last year, after our final payment, there started to be specials, eg. senior (we are over 55, so that worked for us) and then price reductions on higher grade cabins. We ended up being able to move to a balcony cabin for only $200 more than our cheap inside!

I kept an eye on the prices through Expedia, and our TA was able to do these for us.

Good luck!

Guess replying that we are less than seven days, less than 6 months, and less than one year is rubbing it in a bit huh.

Anyway, congrats on being a countdown clock watcher. You are in good, no GREAT company with the many others on these boards.

Erin,

Just looking at my clock, we are still over 100 days for the Jewel of the Seas, a trip that we are really looking forward to experiencing. We have cruises before then, but this will be my first atlantic crossing on the water. My DW did it as a child, but we have been playing...connect the dots.............. and will have an area thru the Suez canal around India to connect the world.

I know how exciting the anticipation is for another great cruise!:)

Rick

Archived