Those Sticky Bras

skm

Anyone have info on those sticky bra cups that women use when straps can't show? I bought a sheer black top to wear and I can't wear a regular bra w/ it. The sticky cups (sorry....don't know the correct name) seem to me to not be supportive (after a baby and being plus size...things kinda hang instead of being perky now days) I feel like I would get just as much effect by putting bandaids on. Do you think a strapless bra would be better? Sorry if this offends anyone but I figure breasts are only natural and sometimes I don't know what to do w/ mine. Thanks for any info

Personally I would have to go with a strapless.

Nubra makes one of adhesive bras you are talking about but they only go to a size "C" cup.

Maidenform Pick Me Up Cups go to an X'large (don't know what that would equate to in cup sizes)

JMS also has one but it only goes to a "D" cup. I wear a "DD" so there is no way that either of these would support me.

There may be others out there but these are the ones I have researched.

Mary

I have one of those sticky bra's. It works for me but I'm not that big (34B). I've worn it about 6 times and haven't had a problem. I could see how it wouldn't provide enough support for those who wear a larger size though.

Get yourself fitted for a strapless bra, your size won't be the same as a regular bra. My strapless bra is a whole cup size larger and the band is larger than my regular bra, I would have thought it would be the other way around. The lady who helped me was insistent on a different size than I had in my hand and she was right-on.

If you have a major, upscale department store near you, they usually have women trained in fitting, not just store clerks. The difference will be a comfortable, well fitting bra that you won't notice, or one that you will be tugging on and can't wait to get off. I will wear my strapless bra with outfits that don't even require it, that's how comfy it is. The cost was slightly higher than my regular bras.

I have one of those sticky bra's. It works for me but I'm not that big (34B). I've worn it about 6 times and haven't had a problem. I could see how it wouldn't provide enough support for those who wear a larger size though.

CateW,

Which kind do you have?

I've seen two versions - one has the sticky substance embedded onto the material and it supposedly doesn't lose it's hold after washings.

Then the other ones I've seen come with a sort of a plastic that has adhesive on both sides. One side sticks to the bra and the other side sticks to you skin. The plastic is only good for one wearing and you buy replacements of it.

I'm also a 34B, so don't need support, just coverage. (i have been known to use bandaids! LOL!)

Thanks,

Jane

Jane, it's the one that has the sticky substance in the material. I don't remember what brand it is - I threw away the wrapper although I still have the plastic case. It has held up really well - I have it 2 years. LOL - I've also used those clear stick on thingies and I have the one with the adhesive on the sides. I don't need the support either but the one with the sticky stuff in the material is the best one. I got it at Victoria's Secret. Cate

I'm not endowed (unfortunately) :o but I have some Victoria's Secret convertible bras that convert to strapless or halter, and I bought those sticky *cup* thingies for my last cruise. Ended up not using them, but I'm hoping they will work for me since I'm on the *small* :( cup size. The convertible strapless worked great in 2004 because there's a silicone like strip around the sides and back that help hold the bra in place when it's worn strapless. I've never tried the backless bra that sticks to your skin though.

Karen

I have one of those bras and it works great. Unfortunately I was not blessed with breasts, but i gain shape when i wear mine. i got mine at CVS for 19.99. its the as seen on tv kind of deals. it just sticks to you and then there is a snap in front where you can get some cleavage. depending on where you stick them.

Ok since this subject was started - here is my question. Sorry if I am horning in on your thread but I want some suggestions.........:confused: please.

I purchases a red halter style long evening gown for March cruise. In the front it dips to a pretty low V down past where the bottom my normal bra would be. This dress has good coverage on the sides and has no back. There are no sewn in cups like some of my other dresses have had.

None of the strapless or convertible bras will work because they come up too far in the back and the cups are connected in the front so this connected fabric would show through in the front V.

Hope you can visualize. Now for the question- should I sew in cups to try to get some lift or just forget it and hang there? I am just average bust size 34C/36B.

I am afraid if I bend over people might get a view! My DH says it looks fine but for goodness sakes he is a man, plus married to me so what is he going to say!

Suggestions please. Thanks in advance.

Some people actually use tape to hold things in place. There was a detailed description posted here a long time ago by a woman who used to participate in pageants. Maybe someone else here knows how to instruct this. It sounds like it might be your best option with the cut you're describing.

Thanks for your reply Joyce.

Maybe this is another use for duct tape??:eek:

OUCH!! No, I think they used toupe tape! I tried searching. I thought the thread was titled "breast taping" or something like that, but no luck. Perhaps a search on Google might yield some results.

And to Mark- thanks for the suggestion, but some women really do look better WITH than without!

Joyce...I've had a seamstress sew cups in gowns for me. I'm not sure regarding what material your dress is, but could this be an option?

I seem to recall that some people here are quite talented when it comes to sewing ;)

~e

The dress would have to be lined in order for the cups to be sewn in without the stitching showing. It would also have to be pretty fitted for them to provide any support instead of just coverage (if you know what I mean).

If this would work for love2vacation, I would go for that over taping for sure!

The sew-in cups can be found on the notions wall of your local fabric store.

Yes, the dresss is lined and the midrif area is fitted that is why I was considering sewing in cups. The bodice area is organza type material that is sort of pleated and has beads and sequins scattered about.

I have sewn in cups before to my daughters formals, so at least I have some experience with this.

I think I will drop into Joannes and buy some cups and see how it looks.

Thanks, Joyce.

Archived