Upgrade or Not ?

mklions

HI,

We have just been assigned our cabin for our upcoming cruise on the Encore. Originally we paid for a V4 stateroom but today have been upgraded to a V6 stateroom which is cabin number 816.

Cabin 816 is next to the staircase and elevators, my wife is a very light sleeper and I have concerns that this cabin will be very noisy and not really an upgrade at all.

Should I go back to my TA and share my concerns? or will cabin be insulated to the point that we will not have any noise?

Kind regards.

Did you pay for a V4 guarantee or did you select a specific cabin? If it was a guarantee, you probably can't do much about it. If it was a specific cabin, your travel agent might have marked your booking as available for a free upgrade to a higher category. In both scenarios, Seabourn are quite within their rights to "upgrade" you. Contact your travel agent and see if anything can be done.

However I doubt you will find any noise transfer from the stairwell or lifts, Seabourn cabins seem to be very well insulated.