Post cruise before flight suggestions in nyc

dorisdvu

I am looking for suggestions on what to do between the disembarking from the ship until our flight leaves EWR at 9:00 PM for 3 adults. We are arriving in NYC 6-3 (Sunday 9:00am), cruising from Tuesday 6-5 - Wednesday 6-13. Our flight doesn't leave until 9:00 PM. I was thinking of a private tour that could pick us up at the cruise terminal, go sight seeing and then drop us off at the airport. I found a 3 hour ($575) or 5 hour ($925) private tour with Viator tours. Any other suggestions?

I am looking for suggestions on what to do between the disembarking from the ship until our flight leaves EWR at 9:00 PM for 3 adults. We are arriving in NYC 6-3 (Sunday 9:00am), cruising from Tuesday 6-5 - Wednesday 6-13. Our flight doesn't leave until 9:00 PM. I was thinking of a private tour that could pick us up at the cruise terminal, go sight seeing and then drop us off at the airport. I found a 3 hour ($575) or 5 hour ($925) private tour with Viator tours. Any other suggestions?

How did you resolve your precruise hotel?

As your research shows, a private post cruise tour is going to be very expensive and isn't going to eat up all the hours you have available. Quite frankly folks don't ask often about private multihour tours because of the cost.

Is there a reason you don't want to store your luggage and spend the day in NYC seeing the things you missed during your 2 days precruise? Luggage storage will cost about $10/bag. Car Service pickup to go to EWR will be $80-100.

Post cruise you could easily go out to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island on your own.

We just came home from a Celebrity Summit cruise disembarking in Cape Liberty. Unfortunately we purchased the ship transfer from Cape Liberty to Times Square for $45pp. It was very disappointing. We didn't leave the pier until 11:00am because of waiting on stragglers. Supposed to leave ship at 8:30 am but immigration lines were long.

Should have taken the taxi shuttle to Times Square which was $35pp. When you exit the terminal, go right across the street and you will see vans for taxi shuttle. It was $20pp to EWR.

When the ship transfer finally dropped us off at Schwartz Luggage storage, we stored our luggage for $10 per bag for the day.($2.50 per hour per bag up to $10 total for day)

We toured NYC on foot and by using subway ($3 single ride). Our flight was at 8:40pm from LGA. We took NYC airporter bus from Port Authority to LGA for $16 pp. (10% discount if you download app). Everything worked great except the Celebrity transfer,