How RC Charges For Upgraded Room vs Already Paid For Room

I have searched everywhere for this and haven't seen a specific answer. We are on the Allure, sailing this August. We have a stateroom with an "extra long balcony" ocean view. Everything has been paid off. I really want to surprise my husband with an upgrade to a suite. I went to the RC site for booking a cruise on this exact trip, looked at the cost for a jr. suite and the Grand Suite. My question....does RC take what I have paid and then take the current cost for that particular suite and A-B=C?

I ask this because we did not get the BOGO deal since we used our Amex points, but technically we paid the full price at the time. Which I have to admit is considerably lower than the prices now. Supply vs demand?

So...what is the best way to go about upgrading to a suite without robbing the bank? Thanks in advance!!

Whatever the suite price is now, you will pay the difference. Easy to upgrade, call and have your plastic ready

If you have paid for anything or have obc make sure that carries forward, while you have them on line and also a confirm email

Edited by setsail

You have it. You would pay the going rate, and be given a credit for what you already paid. Not sure how Amex points work, but you can always call RC and ask. I would wait for a price I would be comfortable at then call. Good luck.