Just back from the 4/22 Escape to Bermuda

kernie968

Sorry we only ate at the specialty restaurants so I cannot comment on the MDR. We are not big gamblers, but we did a few slots and the best ones were in the smoking section. The waterfront had nice quiet areas and bars with music and happy people. We did enjoy the waterfront a lot.

We ate at the Supper Club the first night and I did not like the food. We only had a choice of Salmon or a Veggie Burrito. DH said the salmon was good. My burrito was not something I enjoyed. Dessert was good.

Bayamo-the waitress told us we could only get 1 app, 1 entrée and 1 dessert. Kind of made me mad, but the food was not any where as good as it was at Ocean Blue. We both had lobster tail that was dry and had no taste. My DH was disappointed in the Lobster Bisque. He loved it at Ocean Blue but said Bayamo was just OK.

LeBistro-everything I ate was good. DH once again said everything was better on the Breakaway. The service was so fast that we were out of there in 45 minutes.

Cagneys- the ribeye was awesome. I could have eaten one of them every night. Service there was slow. It took 20 minutes to get a drink.

Moderno-I loved it. I could have sat there all night eating meats. I felt all the meat was good and wished I had a bigger stomach. DH said he did not like it. Some people are never happy.

Italian restaurant-It was good. I love the warm bread and dip. DH actually said the Minestrone soup was the best he ever had! Service here was good.

Food republic- I loved. DH did not like. We tried 6 dishes and all but one I thought were excellent.

Pincho Tapas-I practically had to drag DH here because he was convinced that it could not be good because it was empty every time we walked by, but he was amazed at how good every thing was! The waiter was great about explaining to us what everything on the menu was. We could watch the food being prepare and the chef came over to talk with us about the food. When we go on the Escape again we will be sure to eat there a few times.

Thank you so much! This is a big help.

We ate at the Supper Club the first night and I did not like the food. We only had a choice of Salmon or a Veggie Burrito. DH said the salmon was good. My burrito was not something I enjoyed. Dessert was good.

Bayamo-the waitress told us we could only get 1 app, 1 entrée and 1 dessert. Kind of made me mad, but the food was not any where as good as it was at Ocean Blue. We both had lobster tail that was dry and had no taste. My DH was disappointed in the Lobster Bisque. He loved it at Ocean Blue but said Bayamo was just OK.

LeBistro-everything I ate was good. DH once again said everything was better on the Breakaway. The service was so fast that we were out of there in 45 minutes.

Cagneys- the ribeye was awesome. I could have eaten one of them every night. Service there was slow. It took 20 minutes to get a drink.

Moderno-I loved it. I could have sat there all night eating meats. I felt all the meat was good and wished I had a bigger stomach. DH said he did not like it. Some people are never happy.

Italian restaurant-It was good. I love the warm bread and dip. DH actually said the Minestrone soup was the best he ever had! Service here was good.

Food republic- I loved. DH did not like. We tried 6 dishes and all but one I thought were excellent.

Pincho Tapas-I practically had to drag DH here because he was convinced that it could not be good because it was empty every time we walked by, but he was amazed at how good every thing was! The waiter was great about explaining to us what everything on the menu was. We could watch the food being prepare and the chef came over to talk with us about the food. When we go on the Escape again we will be sure to eat there a few times.

Thank you for sharing and for letting me know what the dinner menu was in the Supper Club. I have never heard what was offered. It sounds pretty awful and considering I can't eat shellfish or fish, I will take a pass on the SC.

Anyone with dailies from the cruise? Sailing May 27, 2018. TIA

For Escape dailies for Bermuda go to the Roll Call Forum/NCL Escape. Find the Norwegian Escape 4/29/18 Bermuda Roll Call, page 16, Post #303. The person who posted the dailies published Day 2 thru Day7. We sail June 3. I'm sure it will stay the same or change very little.

Does anyone remember feeling the ship lurch as if it had struck something on Tuesday evening 4/24? We were seated in the Manhattan dining room (probably 8pm ish) and distinctly felt what seemed like the dining room raise and then lower. It was noticeable to the point where almost all of the visible wait staff stopped and looked around at each other. Our drink server then proceeded to instruct us where the exit was and to use the life raft right outside the emergency door in the event the alarm sounds! This was around the time we were close to the island for the medical emergency and transferring the patient off the ship. I know there are a lot of reefs around the island. Did we get a we bit too shallow maybe?!?! LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums