Had our first suite

Keys2Heaven

Just off Glory this past Saturday and this was our first suite. Absolutely loved it and will book more if the price is right.

Question though (and I probably should have asked onboard), but they put a "Suite Guest" sticker on the front of our S&S card and was curious as what exactly that sticker did, if anything, to affect our interactions with crew.

We just booked an Ocean Suite on the Vista. We were told that Carnival has updated their perks for suite guests. It now includes VIP check-in, priority embarkation and debarkation, one free bag of laundry, two extra large bottles of water in your cabin, priority reservations for restaurants, shore excursions and spa. This is in addition to having a cabin with a balcony, whirlpool tub, double sinks in the bathroom, and walk-in closet. We are so excited. :D

We just booked an Ocean Suite on the Vista. We were told that Carnival has updated their perks for suite guests. It now includes VIP check-in, priority embarkation and debarkation, one free bag of laundry, two extra large bottles of water in your cabin, priority reservations for restaurants, shore excursions and spa. This is in addition to having a cabin with a balcony, whirlpool tub, double sinks in the bathroom, and walk-in closet. We are so excited. :D

Hmmmmmm. None of this was explained to us by the cabin stewardess. We did get two extra large bottles of water that said for suite guests, but nothing said about a bag of free laundry, which would have been nice to have known after dumping $12 into the machines!

Hmmmmmm. None of this was explained to us by the cabin stewardess. We did get two extra large bottles of water that said for suite guests, but nothing said about a bag of free laundry, which would have been nice to have known after dumping $12 into the machines!

The bag is a small paper bag that doesn’t hold much. If you spent $12 on laundry then the bag wouldn’t have cut it. It’s a relatively new suite perk that hasn’t been advertised much yet. And yes, you will hear many complain that Carnival doesn’t have very good suite perks compared to other lines. Then they praise some other cruise lines virtues. It happens EVERY time someone mentions suite perks on Carnival. :rolleyes: But Carnivals suites are prettty cheap compared to other lines. Yeah the others give you more perks but you pay for them. I’m glad you enjoyed your suite. I’m really looking forward to mine.

Glad that you liked staying in a Suite on your cruise. We have booked Suites on all but two of our CCL Cruises. We really like the extra room and some of the perks that accompanied the booking. Our only exception to Suites has been a Balcony Cabin on the Carnival Spirit (our first cruise) and a Grand Scenic Oceanview cabin on the Carnival Valor (everyone should stay in one of these at least once). We generally book Oceanview Suites for our CCL cruises. This category of Suite combines many things we want in a cabin at a reasonable price. The perks associated with a Suite do mean much to us anymore as we became Platinum Cruisers on our last cruise from Baltimore to the Panama Canal; however, they were very important prior to being Platinum. One perk I do wish CCL would add to booking a Suite is a CCL sponsored "get-together" for Suite guests only. As the number of Suites are limited on ships; it would not require much space. I would just like to meet the fellow Carnival cruisers who occupy what I heard one non-suite cruiser call the "high rent district". Anyway, Happy Cruising in your Suite.

When you are in a suite I know you get priority boarding but will your room be ready and can you go straight to your room same as FTTF? I haven’t seen anything that clarifies this point.

We will be in a Grand Suite for the first time ever having a suite and I want to be able to go put our luggage away as we carry on. Do I need to try to purchase FTTF? Or with suite can you also go in to your room early? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you are in a suite I know you get priority boarding but will your room be ready and can you go straight to your room same as FTTF? I haven’t seen anything that clarifies this point.

We will be in a Grand Suite for the first time ever having a suite and I want to be able to go put our luggage away as we carry on. Do I need to try to purchase FTTF? Or with suite can you also go in to your room early? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Booking a suite does not give you early access to the cabin unless you book FTTF, or are a Platinum or Diamond guest.

Agree about the no early access to the cabin. This has been a hot, contentious debate on here for a long time, but it is not a perk for Suites. Some people have reported that in the past they were ready upon check in, but that could have just been luck. Now with the S&S cards being in the mailboxes upon room completion, it’s no longer possible to “just go and drop things off”. Seems too many people were doing that causing issues for the room stewards trying to finish up cabins.

I wish I would of known that we are in our first suite this Saturday and I didn't get FTTF because I didn't think we would need it.

Given the limited number of suites on board, I'm surprised that suite guests aren't allowed early access. Seems like an easy perk to implement.

But, I'm still trying to figure out why the "Suite Guest" sticker was placed on our S&S card. I didn't notice anyone bending over backwards or running over to us when we needed something, lol. Not that we'd do that anyway.

We have always booked a suite. Not so much for the perks but for the extra room. Have always added FTTF also. Very interested in the free bag of laundry if this is true. I might downsize to a carry on for luggage.

The bag is a small paper bag that doesn’t hold much. If you spent $12 on laundry then the bag wouldn’t have cut it. It’s a relatively new suite perk that hasn’t been advertised much yet. And yes, you will hear many complain that Carnival doesn’t have very good suite perks compared to other lines. Then they praise some other cruise lines virtues. It happens EVERY time someone mentions suite perks on Carnival. :rolleyes: But Carnivals suites are prettty cheap compared to other lines. Yeah the others give you more perks but you pay for them. I’m glad you enjoyed your suite. I’m really looking forward to mine.

Oh, yes, we absolutely loved it! Loved the extra room on the balcony and there was more storage in the cabin than we knew what to do with. My wife loved the little dressing area, as well as having her own closets. The Jacuzzi tub seemed like it wanted to work only part of the time, but it was nice alternative to a shower only.

And I liked the decor.....not the weird orange color. (Vista/Horizon Havana cabins being an exception)

I wish I would of known that we are in our first suite this Saturday and I didn't get FTTF because I didn't think we would need it.

Funny as we board the Elation this coming Saturday and we do have FTTF and I was just thinking it was a waste of $70 as we are in a suite!!! I think the only we get for the $70 bucks is the room will be ready early but ce la vie--whats done is done.

One mans ceiling is another mans floor I guess.

Funny as we board the Elation this coming Saturday and we do have FTTF and I was just thinking it was a waste of $70 as we are in a suite!!! I think the only we get for the $70 bucks is the room will be ready early but ce la vie--whats done is done.

One mans ceiling is another mans floor I guess.

And the GS line as well as Priority luggage delivery.

Given the limited number of suites on board, I'm surprised that suite guests aren't allowed early access. Seems like an easy perk to implement.

But, I'm still trying to figure out why the "Suite Guest" sticker was placed on our S&S card. I didn't notice anyone bending over backwards or running over to us when we needed something, lol. Not that we'd do that anyway.

Probably for the same reason they would put a FTTF sticker on. For Priority Debarkation, tender service.

Probably for the same reason they would put a FTTF sticker on. For Priority Debarkation, tender service.

Well, we had FTTF and received a letter about where to meet on the mornings we docked in a port requiring tender services so we could be on the first one because of this. We received nothing as suite guests that priority tendering applied to us. Other than the bottles of water, and some cookies from our cabin stewardess, there didn't seem to be anything else of value.

Well, we had FTTF and received a letter about where to meet on the mornings we docked in a port requiring tender services so we could be on the first one because of this. We received nothing as suite guests that priority tendering applied to us. Other than the bottles of water, and some cookies from our cabin stewardess, there didn't seem to be anything else of value.

Yeah FTTF is better as far as the perks IMHO with the exception of guaranteed dining preference with the Suite. I’m guessing they put the sticker on Suites so in case they need to verify you get certain perks, don’t have FTTF, and aren’t D/P, it makes it quick and easy.