Gem Forward or Aft-facing Suites

DwayneG

Cruising New England and Canada. I'd like to try the forward-facing suite (first suite for me), but wondered if wind is a problem. Is aft-facing better? Forward is a touch more cost, so theoretically should be preferred?

we did an aft suite on the Jade and LOVED it. the forward suites give you a much bigger balcony if that's your thing. otherwise, i have heard they can be windy. i personally love the sound and view of the wake and seeing the path the ship makes. i love the Aft!!!

We've sailed in both types of suites on the Jewel-class ships. You are correct, you'll feel the wind on the forward-facing balcony when the ship is underway, particularly if you are standing up. But imho, you can't beat the view. And there are no lights in the bow at night, so the stargazing is incredible!

While I enjoy the aft, I think I prefer to see where the ship is going, not where it's been. A forward-facing penthouse was our dream cabin for our full transit of the Panama Canal last year, and it was awesome. On a cooler weather cruise, it may be a tougher call.

Enjoy whatever you decide!

enhance

(the view from 10500 on the Jewel, by turtles06)

Just got off the Gem, had a Aft Penthouse Suite on deck 10. We had 2 loungers, 2 chairs & a table with plenty of room to spare. It was incredible & we loved the views it provided all week. In fact, we sat out on the balcony more on this trip than any previous cruise.