Dinner times

Not personally, but I have seen other reports on here of it happening. Carnival will not pre-confirm the full capacity of any dining time in order to leave room for Diamond VIFPs and guests in deluxe suites, who are guaranteed their choice of dining times, and (possibly) for Platinum VIFPs and people who bought FTTF, in that order.

I say "possibly" because when I was Platinum and had to waitlist for my first choice, it would always clear overnight on the day I booked, However this was not guaranteed; there is likely a lower percentage of seating capacity at which they stop pre-confirming Platinum waitlists, and an even lower percentage at which they will stop pre-confirming FTTF waitlists

So long story short, you will have a confirmed seating; at the latest you'll find out when you get your S&S card. There are open seats, probably at all seatings, but they are being held until closer to sailing for guests with higher priority.

I have been waitlisted for early assigned dining twice. I cleared the waitlist both times. I got the email notification after 10:00pm both times. I had FTTF the second time and cleared the waitlist 38 days before the cruise.

The first time was my 2/7/16 cruise. I booked it on 11/22/15. My mom and I had a suite, but guaranteed dining time wasn't a perk back then. We also didn't have FTTF. We had YTD but were waitlisted for early assigned dining.

I received an email on 1/7/16 from Special Needs asking me to call. I put off calling until 1/24/16. My mom is diabetic and needs to eat at around the same time each day. We were confirmed for the early seating on 1/25/16.

I think by 2.5 months out that the dining times are mostly set. I think my mom's diabetes might have given us priority over someone without medical issues. Is that a reasonable assumption?

Yes I have been waitlisted a couple of times. We have always chosen late seating but last October, experienced any time dining and always want that now. I have been waitlisted for early seating and for any time dining in the past but always ended up getting what I selected.

Sent from my iPad using Forums