Behind the Scenes Tour worth it on Adventure of the Seas?

My friend and I are cruising on Adventure of the Seas in October. I've done one "behind the scenes tour" on Princess a few years ago. It was pretty good, although I don't know if I'd pay that much $$ to do it again.

Anyone take the behind the scenes tour on Adventure of the Seas and would share their opinion? Thanks!

We will be doing the tour on our May 25th cruise and can report back after.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That would be great, thank you! We are not going on Adventure of the Seas until Oct 27th. Like I said, I've done one tour on Princess. It was a lot of fun, but not sure I'd spend the $$ again. My friend has never been on a cruise, and is interested but not sure either. I will wait to see your thoughts!

My friend and I are cruising on Adventure of the Seas in October. I've done one "behind the scenes tour" on Princess a few years ago. It was pretty good, although I don't know if I'd pay that much $$ to do it again.

Anyone take the behind the scenes tour on Adventure of the Seas and would share their opinion? Thanks!

Behind the scenes tours, in my opinion is do it once, and that's all you need. I was happy with mine, but I wouldn't pay that kind of money again to see the same stuff. If you friend wants to do it, I would tell them go for it, and meat me at the bar when you are finished.

We will be doing the tour on our May 25th cruise and can report back after.

That would actually help me. I'm on the June 1st cruise and I've been thinking about a behind the scenes tour ever since my first Royal Caribbean cruise.

Edited by skycomb

That would actually help me. I'm on the June 1st cruise and I've been thinking about a behind the scenes tour ever since my first Royal Caribbean cruise.

We will be getting off the ship June 1st

I think it's definitely worth it. I'm a ship nerd and a cooking nerd and just a nerd overall and found the entire tour fascinating. It's definitely one of those "only need to do it once" things (OK, maybe twice -- because nerd), but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Bridge, galleys, crew mess, I-95, waste disposal, engine room controls, backstage... just tons to take in. The folks in each of the spaces we toured were obviously proud of their part of the ship and offered up a lot of interesting information and were delighted to answer questions about their job.

My family and I will be on the June 1st sailing as well. I hope for some warm temps.

I think it's definitely worth it. I'm a ship nerd and a cooking nerd and just a nerd overall and found the entire tour fascinating. It's definitely one of those "only need to do it once" things (OK, maybe twice -- because nerd), but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Bridge, galleys, crew mess, I-95, waste disposal, engine room controls, backstage... just tons to take in. The folks in each of the spaces we toured were obviously proud of their part of the ship and offered up a lot of interesting information and were delighted to answer questions about their job.

Same! I did it on Anthem and enjoyed it very much. I love knowing how things work. I think this sort of things come down to personality, rather than the tour being good or bad per se.

One thing that was very helpful to me was that the tour uses headphones so you can hear the guide very easily.