V room views

Help me. Our Alaska cruise is less than a month away. We are booked in room V5090 on the Nieuw Amsterdam. I've read some posts that state the verandah rooms on deck 5 are blocked (partially) by the life boats. We upgraded to get a balcony room, and would hate the idea of not having decent views. Can anyone out there put my mind at ease?

Sent from my XT1049 using Forums mobile app

Help me. Our Alaska cruise is less than a month away. We are booked in room V5090 on the Nieuw Amsterdam. I've read some posts that state the verandah rooms on deck 5 are blocked (partially) by the life boats. We upgraded to get a balcony room, and would hate the idea of not having decent views. Can anyone out there put my mind at ease?

The top of the lifeboats sit about a foot or two below where your feet are, the view is really only blocked if you want to hang over the side to look straight down at the water.

If you sat on the bed and looked out through the doors you would not even see them. You will have decent views, enjoy your trip.

We just returned from a Westerdam cruise, V room 5101 which has the same issue of seeing the orange top of the tender when you look down from the veranda. This was our first V room and was an upsell offer. I was worried initially about how the tender would effect our view, but it was no issue at all for us. We loved having a V cabin and viewing the ocean waters from our room was lovely. Unless we travel in cooler climates, we will be hooked on a V cabin next time we sail.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just returned from a Westerdam cruise, V room 5101 which has the same issue of seeing the orange top of the tender when you look down from the veranda. This was our first V room and was an upsell offer. I was worried initially about how the tender would effect our view, but it was no issue at all for us. We loved having a V cabin and viewing the ocean waters from our room was lovely. Unless we travel in cooler climates, we will be hooked on a V cabin next time we sail.
But there are so many cheaper VB to VF that have no lifeboats below them, and have a 6 ft deep balcony instead the 4.5 ft that you had. Edited by catl331

But there are so many VB to VF that have no lifeboats below them, and have a 6 ft deep balcony instead the 4.5 ft that you had.

True, and we would probably prefer the cabins you mentioned, but didn’t have those choices this time, next cruise we will look into these cabins, especially because their decks are larger!

Sent from my iPad using Forums