Anyone w/ Info re. Princess Transfers from Paris to Ship at Le Havre?

PEIpair

We are arriving CDG one day prior to Aug 28/18 British Isles cruise FROM Le Havre, on Royal P.

Our plans for that night will depend on where/ when etc we may be able to be picked up by a Princess

transfer from downtown Paris the day of the cruise.

I would appreciate any info that folks here may have if they've already booked or used this service?

Thank you.

Have no clue regarding Princess transfers, but you should be aware that a bus transfer will involve a ride of well over 2 hours. There is also excellent rail service (hourly) between Paris and Le Havre. Once in Le Havre (at the train station) it is a relatively low cost taxi ride (less than 10 min) to the port.

Hank

Princess transfers would depart to Le Havre from either CDG airport or a "central Paris location". You would need to call Princess and ask them what that location is.

Regarding train service, there is a train strike in France from now through June. It would probably be over by August but hard to know at this point. The Princess transfer is probably your best option anyway.

Thank you for your replies.

We will be booking the Princess transfers as we are not interested in dragging our bags on the train and

private transfers are just as expensive WITHOUT the responsibility of getting us to our ship in time.....

And yes, we know how far it is from Paris to Le Havre having done a wonderful river cruise on the Seine from Paris to Le Havre last June.

Our TA will have to book the transfers for us. ( but I'm used to doing travel bookings myself )!

I am just trying to find out if anyone knows where and when the transfer pickups are, so we can plan our hotel in Paris accordingly.

I'm just realizing that these BI itineraries with some embarkations at Le Havre are relatively new and there may be some good information coming from Cruise Critic members in next few weeks as they get underway for the 2018 season.

Thanks again.

PEIpair

Oh, and also, has anyone debarking in Le Havre with flights out of CDG, had any success in joining ships Tours for the Port of Le Havre, i.e. Normandy D-Day tours, etc. prior to transfer to Paris?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...