plz plz can someone answer this!!!!!!!!!

rabidewok

Hi, my wife and I booked the golden princess 3/11 trip leaving from san juan and we cant wait!!!!!!! My question is this, When we booked we chose to let princess make our airplane arrangements and we booked both of them through Expedia and weve already paid. Our ship leaves at 11:00 that night and I heard that they start allowing people on the ship at around 1Pm. Of course we want to be on the ship as soon as possible! Im afraid my flight will leave Dallas at 1PM when everyone else is having fun on the ship:(

When will they let us know when our flights are going to be scheduled? Can I call them and request them for a day early?? The expedia website just says that we should get something about our flights around two weeks before the cruise:( Plz help me answer this and thanks in advance!!!!

Personally, I would always recommend flying in a day early. There might be a fee for changing to the day before. Also, you will need to find a room, which can be very expensive in San Juan. Old San Juan is a wonderful visit. You can actually board at 11:20 am, at least they let us in January 2005. We loved the Golden.

Have a great cruise!

You can call Expedia and see if they can request an air deviation for you. This will probably cost $75 (cost of deviation) per person plus possibly any extra air charges for the flights you want (sometimes there is a fee and othertimes there isn't). You can then book the hotel on your own for the night before.

Or, you can add a Princess hotel to your reservation and you won't have to pay the deviation fee but the hotel will probably cost more then booking on your own.

I would call Expedia and see if someone can help you. The sooner you call, the better chance you have of it all working out.

We got our flight schedules for our 1/28/06 cruise on Dec 7th. We called our booking agent (Travelocity) and asked to change and go a day early...was only a $50 per person fee. We went to priceline and bid for 3 star and won with a $80 bid and got the Caribe Hilton (San Juan). Much cheaper than booking through Princess or directly with the hotel. Hope this helps. (BTW, this was my very 1st time using Priceline, and it went smoothly!). :)

Hi, my wife and I booked the golden princess 3/11 trip leaving from san juan and we cant wait!!!!!!! My question is this, When we booked we chose to let princess make our airplane arrangements and we booked both of them through Expedia and weve already paid. Our ship leaves at 11:00 that night and I heard that they start allowing people on the ship at around 1Pm. Of course we want to be on the ship as soon as possible! Im afraid my flight will leave Dallas at 1PM when everyone else is having fun on the ship:(

When will they let us know when our flights are going to be scheduled? Can I call them and request them for a day early?? The expedia website just says that we should get something about our flights around two weeks before the cruise:( Plz help me answer this and thanks in advance!!!!

When will you arrive in San Juan if you leave Dallas at 1PM the same day everone else is on the ship.........:confused:

Checking Expedia, flights leaving Dallas (DAL) at 1PM arrive San Juan (SJJ) around 10PM....and the ship sails at 11PM.

You willl have to leave Dallas very early in the morning say 6AM to arrive San Juan at 5PM. And do you staart in Amarillo that day?

I would fly in the day before. Even in you take an early flight, if you have any sort of delay, it’s going to push making the ship. And if you’ve not taken Princess air, they won’t hold the ship for you. Embarkation usually ends approximately one hour before sailing time…so if the ship leaves the dock at 11 p.m., you really have only until 10 p.m. to make it.

There's actually usually a 8am flight on AA, that gets you into San Juan around 2:00pm. The day before it was moved up to 7:30am, but there's usually a flight around that time on AA from DFW non-stop.

Archived