Putting together a group cruise

mkcurran

While Galveston has some attractive cruise pricing it is also one of the more difficult ports to get to if anyone is flying. Driving would be no problem.

Flying in means using an airport in Houston and then a transfer (80 miles or so) to the port. Definitely an added expense when looking at cruise pricing.

I agree it's a bit wieldier than other ports but you don't have to fly out of IAH to get good rates. HOU is closer to Galveston but we flew into IAH, took a shuttle that took us right to the port. They were there to take us back to IAH after the cruise as well. So it can be done and they have large buses that can accommodate a large group.

My sister and I recently took the Carnival Splendor out of LA. We found the rates very reasonable. We found a large variety of things to do and the ship has a large waterslide and an adult area. Just a thought for new cruisers.