Itinerary Changes

cruiser-dude

NCL in the last year has changed the intineraries of the Pride of America, Dawn, Spirit, Sun, Dream, Majesty, Sea, and Star on top of the Jewel's for either weather, mechanical, or for competitive reasons. That's nine of their 12 ships during 2005...

(quoted from CC poster)

With all the concern about NCL's itinerary changes and concerns in how NCL communicates this, I thought it would be great for folks to have information on this, including any options NCL makes available to them...

NCL in the last year has changed the intineraries of the Pride of America, Dawn, Spirit, Sun, Dream, Majesty, Sea, and Star on top of the Jewel's for either weather, mechanical, or for competitive reasons. That's nine of their 12 ships during 2005...

(quoted from CC poster)

With all the concern about NCL's itinerary changes and concerns in how NCL communicates this, I thought it would be great for folks to have information on this, including any options NCL makes available to them...

Thanks for telling all of us about this. You must have spent a lot of time researching itinerary changes, have you done the same for other lines? Of course you have taken into consideration the horrible storm season this year that caused many of the changes. As for how the changes are communicated, they are communicated the same as with any other line; mostly through the website or the information is given to the travel agents to pass on to their clients. NMnita

Thanks for telling all of us about this. You must have spent a lot of time researching itinerary changes, have you done the same for other lines? Of course you have taken into consideration the horrible storm season this year that caused many of the changes. As for how the changes are communicated, they are communicated the same as with any other line; mostly through the website or the information is given to the travel agents to pass on to their clients. NMnita

Good to have you back - as posted Cruise-dude didn't spend a minute doing any research. Could not even tell use if it was true. He just cut and pasted the information from another thread by Don Hayes. Just stiring the pot:rolleyes:

Good to have you back - as posted Cruise-dude didn't spend a minute doing any research. Could not even tell use if it was true. He just cut and pasted the information from another thread by Don Hayes. Just stiring the pot:rolleyes:

I was about to use the words "stiring the pot" but thought I would leave it where it was. We can only go so long without opening up a can of worms and ending in heated debates. I think that is what keeps the boards interesting, even if I do go into Orbit on occassion. LOL

I was about to use the words "stiring the pot" but thought I would leave it where it was. We can only go so long without opening up a can of worms and ending in heated debates. I think that is what keeps the boards interesting, even if I do go into Orbit on occassion. LOL

But that's what makes it fun :D

Its not just NCL... As I recall Carnival Corp. changed the intineraries of 19 of its ships after Rita.... Nineteen of their ships sailing mostly in the Caribbean..... No telling how many others missed a port of call during the year for weather, mechanical, and competition reasons.

I am frustrated about one thing with NCL, they have "offficially" not even notified our TA about the change in the Dawn's itinerary for next summer. I read about here on Cruise Critic, confirmed it though NCL's website and told my TA, who had not heard about it. We have decided that we like the itinerary change and intend to keep the Dawn cruise next summer. With that in mind, we told the TA not to tell NCL that we know and see how long it is before NCL offically notifies her of the change. Let's see, we are up to three months now and counting.......

I am frustrated about one thing with NCL, they have "offficially" not even notified our TA about the change in the Dawn's itinerary for next summer. I read about here on Cruise Critic, confirmed it though NCL's website and told my TA, who had not heard about it. We have decided that we like the itinerary change and intend to keep the Dawn cruise next summer. With that in mind, we told the TA not to tell NCL that we know and see how long it is before NCL offically notifies her of the change. Let's see, we are up to three months now and counting.......

Not a good thing when you know more then your TA.

LOL-I'm not about to say I know "more" than my TA. Let's just say we make a pretty good tag team.

-Monte

If I used a TA I would expect them to at least read the press releass from the companies they have clients booked on.....:rolleyes:

MIAMI - November 17, 2005 - NCL Corporation (“NCL”) today announced that its New York year-round ship Norwegian Spirit will join Norwegian Dawn in her calls to Bermuda for the 2006 summer season.......

If I used a TA I would expect them to at least read the press releass from the companies they have clients booked on.....:rolleyes:

I hear ya shoreguy (and mine does). I sort of consider him another set of eyes to see things I might not.

-Monte

Not stirring the pot.

Not looking to be the researcher.

Don had great info - letting folks know that cruises have been changed for very valid reasons.

Looking to have you TAs and long-time posters tell us about the itinerary changes, why, how communicated, options, etc. This is what helps others. This could be a great thread to have folks turn to regarding this. That was my hope. No accusations necessary.

Looks like I escaped the bullets for now...:p

I have sailed Celebrity twice and neither time was I notified of the itinerary change. Remember I am a TA, still wasn't informed. NMnita

I have sailed Celebrity twice and neither time was I notified of the itinerary change. Remember I am a TA, still wasn't informed. NMnita

ps. I take that back, the last time we were.

MIAMI - November 17, 2005 - NCL Corporation (“NCL”) today announced that its New York year-round ship Norwegian Spirit will join Norwegian Dawn in her calls to Bermuda for the 2006 summer season.......

What's not to like about this change? :)

We are on Spirit and lovin' it!!! Wow Bermuda instead of Samana Island! ;)

For Dawn it's even better.. Bermuda instead of Port Canaveral.

What's not to like about this change? :)

We are on Spirit and lovin' it!!! Wow Bermuda instead of Samana Island! ;)

For Dawn it's even better.. Bermuda instead of Port Canaveral.

I think for some it's not an issue of liking it. Rather it's an issue of not being notified.

jmo

-Monte

ps. I take that back, the last time we were.

How did Celebrity notify you? Phone, fax, e-mail, snail-mail? Just curious how they do it vs. NCL.

How did Celebrity notify you? Phone, fax, e-mail, snail-mail? Just curious how they do it vs. NCL.
Our company got a fax which in turn the information was forwarded onto to all agents throughout the country. I think someone memtioned the mass amount of paper reports that come to all TA offices daily. It is up to the agent to read and be aware of what is going on. Many times this isn't the case. NMNita

Archived