Princess sale when already booked

Melgi

Thanks to everyone!

As it turns out, we got an upgrade from a balcony to a mini-suite, so we decided to keep our booking as it is now!

And we estimated that we would have lost on our airfare sale and other perks had we chose to ask for the 35% off our original price.

So everything turned out perfect with the upgrade!

Generally, in the US you can get the lower fare if final payment is not yet due.

And even then...

I had Princess platinum insurance on a Japan cruise. Well after final payment the fare dropped precipitously. I have a TA who goes to bat for me. She got the first booking cancelled, rebooked using the cancel-for-any-reason credits and the bulk of the difference was refunded in cash, not future credit. All I lost was the cost of insurance, and still made out very well.

And even then...

I had Princess platinum insurance on a Japan cruise. Well after final payment the fare dropped precipitously. I have a TA who goes to bat for me. She got the first booking cancelled, rebooked using the cancel-for-any-reason credits and the bulk of the difference was refunded in cash, not future credit. All I lost was the cost of insurance, and still made out very well.

So many people use an online TA that actually does nothing but sell you a ticket. Yes, at least one of them gives amazing (appx. 10% before taxes, etc.) OBC. That is a great perk. However, that "TA". most other online TAs, and many, many "regular" TAs don't notify you of changes in price, perks upsells, etc. A TA that will actually "go to bat" for you is not all that common. Yes, there are many who will do so but, as an overall percentage, I still believe there are not many. who give what could be called "Full Service".

Congratulations on having a TA who stood by you and "went to the mattresses" (film reference) for you. Hopefully others will take this to heart and find someone who will stand up for them.

Oh, by the way... HI SHEPP! We soooooooooo enjoyed meeting you and having you as a table mate for 28 days last October. We loved "your story" of life and the fact that you are a great person. It truly made a difference in our cruise experience to meet you. Hope you are continuing to enjoy your cruises wherever they take you. Seriously, THANK YOU for being you. :D We met with Margaret and Dave from our dinner group in January when they came through our area on their way south (fleeing the cold weather up north) and had a nice dinner with them. We also really enjoyed meeting them and having dinner with them so many times. What a great cruise it was and you, Margaret, and Dave helped immensely to make it even better. :cool: