Tour to Normandy from Paris

travelgenie

We are ending our Viking cruise this fall with an extension in Paris. We are a group of 6 and I have been researching small group/private day tours to Normandy. Any recommendations for tour operators, I have seen many online but am looking for prior experiences from someone here. Also looking for one that we can customize as well, thanks for any tips!

A DDay tour operating from Paris is very different from one operating locally.

Overlord etc run tours from Caen / Bayeux or from the ports of Cherbourg or Le Havre, which will be the experience of most cruisers.

There is a wide variety of tour operators offering seat-in-bus options from the capital. That may be the cheapest option, aw private van operator in Paris might be cheaper, or you could consider booking a tour from Bayeux to meet you at the rail station - there's a good direct train service from Paris.

JB :)

When I was in Normandy four years ago (spent 5 days there); I've seen a tour guide picking up some tourists at the railway station. So it might be something to consider (and maybe also cheaper) to research that. Direct Train from Paris to Caen or even Bayeux and a guide which picks you up / drops you back at the railway Station.