Gifting an Already Booked Cruise

Jules215

My husband and I are suppose to be leaving on the Conquest in 11 days however I don't think either one of us is really feeling it right now...When my husband asked about either buying new luggage or getting the old out it hit me I didn't even want to pack and that's when I knew...Lol...We've booked airfare using miles so that would just be a wash but we're obviously past the time where we'd be able to receive any type of refund on the cruise itself which is just what it is.

That said, I hate to see it go to waste and I have a friend that might enjoy going and was wondering if I could switch a name out and they might be able to go in our place...I've been on the website and it appears one of us ( my husband or I ) would have to stay on the booking...But it doesn't say we necessarily have to show up...That's what I'm trying to clarify...Anybody have any idea's if my idea might work??...I haven't said anything to my friend as I don't want to disappoint if it won't fly...TIA.

It really depends on your booking the best people to ask would be carnival by calling them to see if your allowed to switch bookings

But geez I would not give up a vacation like that I say pack your bags and go enjoy being taken care of

I'm going to call CS in the morning, just couldn't be asked this evening...I don't think there's any fee's, although maybe a small one for the name change...I've looked all over the website but can't seem to find the answer the answer to the question of what happens if the one original person on the booking just doesn't make it to the ship in time ( and only the new one on the booking does ).

We lost one of our children a couple of years ago and then 2 parents shortly after that and haven't had the time or inclination to travel since...Booked this at Xmas time when we were feeling more festive thinking we were ready to move forward a bit, but now that it's almost here I've been dreading it more than looking forward to it which tells me it's not time yet...Maybe we'll give it another day or two and see.

Yeah, I know...Who doesn't want to take a vacation? smh

I think its only about $25 for a name change. Yes, one name has to stay on the booking, and you could change the other one.

The no show would get a refund to their credit card for the extra persons port fees and taxes.

yes, have that person not show up. its done all the time. go for it.

My husband and I are suppose to be leaving on the Conquest in 11 days however I don't think either one of us is really feeling it right now...When my husband asked about either buying new luggage or getting the old out it hit me I didn't even want to pack and that's when I knew...Lol...We've booked airfare using miles so that would just be a wash but we're obviously past the time where we'd be able to receive any type of refund on the cruise itself which is just what it is.

That said, I hate to see it go to waste and I have a friend that might enjoy going and was wondering if I could switch a name out and they might be able to go in our place...I've been on the website and it appears one of us ( my husband or I ) would have to stay on the booking...But it doesn't say we necessarily have to show up...That's what I'm trying to clarify...Anybody have any idea's if my idea might work??...I haven't said anything to my friend as I don't want to disappoint if it won't fly...TIA.

I know a couple who did that and her daughter got on with her mother as a no show.

If you booked early savers rate there is no name changes allowed

I am guessing you do not have insurance?

As I just found out ( in regards to the ES )...I couldn't remember what rate I'd booked at.

And no, no insurance, but I've never purchased the "cancel for any reason" insurance before so wouldn't have thought to do so this time either.

I think we'll just wait and see how we feel about things at the end of the weekend...Maybe apply a "fake it til you make it" attitude...We'll see...I think the biggest thing I've learned is to never plan anything more than a week or two out ever again.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I almost lost a child a few years ago, so can only imagine what you're going through.

I hope whatever decision you make, you find some peace.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Forums mobile app

Thank-you...And I'm sorry to hear about your experience as well but glad it had a happier ending...We're doing quite well actually...Perhaps I've been in a Mother's Day funk...My husband thinks we should give it a go and since there are two of us I feel as if I owe it to him to try...It's only 4 days and I can do anything for 4 days for him...Sometimes after something like that you feel guilty for having fun or even thinking about it.