What is THE don't-miss port stop on a fjords cruise?

We're putting together a wish list for a Norway/North Cape cruise we are planning, and we'd like to hear from those who have been there! Opinions welcome

What is the do-not-miss port stop for this kind of itinerary?

I don't know if you are going up to the North Cape. If you are just visiting the fjords, the three highlights on our cruise were Geiranger, for it's amazing views, Flam for the railway (plus we had a lovely excursion into a charming local town and visit to a goat farm), and Olden for the Loen Skylift (the Briksdal Glacier is also a nice excursion from there, and you can do both easily).

Bergen. A Norwegian coastal cruise that skips Bergen gets a major side-eye from me.

It had also better have at least one representative inner-fjord port. Geiranger is my pick for the fjords, but I would say a “must” is to have at least one of either Geiranger or Flåm.

Since you’re headed to the Arctic, I’d also expect to see Tromsø. The Lofoten Islands (typically Gravdal or Leknes) are definitely worth a stop, but I hesitate to put it in the “must” list since it’s not such a common stop. It should be counted as a major bonus point for any itineraries that do include it!