Proposing while on cruise

My son has decided that he is going to propose to his girlfriend while on our cruise next week on the Elation to HMC and Nassau. He's not sure if he just wants to do it while on the beach or while on the ship. She is not one who likes alot of attention focused on her which is the total opposite of my son! Any suggestions?

I would do the beach at HMC, with a fall back plan of on the deck at sunset if for some reason the wind and currents don't let them visit HMC. Sort of a happy medium.

Thanks for the input. Those were my initials suggestions as well. Either way it's a win win.

My son has decided that he is going to propose to his girlfriend while on our cruise next week on the Elation to HMC and Nassau. He's not sure if he just wants to do it while on the beach or while on the ship. She is not one who likes alot of attention focused on her which is the total opposite of my son! Any suggestions?

I had a friend do this....and she caught him completely off guard by saying “no”

It made the remainder of the cruise really awkward.

Make sure he is confident on the answer imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a friend do this....and she caught him completely off guard by saying “no”

It made the remainder of the cruise really awkward.

Make sure he is confident on the answer imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah that would make for an awkward situation. He's pretty confident in her answer so hopefully that would not be the case here. I guess that could always be a chance though. :o

Yea. I don’t mean to be a downer or overly negative. It’s just that my wife and I were along with them and other friends and after she said she didn’t want to get married yet, ya coulda cut the tension in the air with a knife for the rest of the cruise.

They are married now (she finally said yes. Lol) but holly crap bubbles did that situation suck!

In the upside, seen and heard of many turning out just fine. My only real opinion is to be darn sure of what her answer is going to be.

It’s awesome when it goes right but terrible when it doesn’t.

I would choose HMC. A bit of background. Almost 20 years ago, I asked my wife to marry me at the then Downtown Disney, now Disney Springs. We periodically like to revisit the sight of where we got engaged.

While the ship may go away, HMC should remain for a long time, so you can revisit the spot you got engaged.

In regards to the "No" possibility. This brought a chuckle to me. When I asked my wife to marry me, she said "No". However it was a shocked type of "No". I had already relocated back to Florida, so it was a foregone conclusion that we would be marrying. I just caught her off guard. I still kid her about it.

Let me say that the "No" story was nothing fun at all at the time. Years later we can all laugh about it but at the time.....not fun at all. My only advice is in two parts:

1. Be sure of the answer.

2 Be sure you really wanna ask the question.

;)