St. Maarten Beach tour options?

bigreckster

We'll be in St. Maarten in a couple weeks aboard the Connie and wondered if anyone had done the Beach Rendezvous to Orient Bay as opposed to their Divi Little Bay Beach experience. They both are 4.5 hr. tours but differ in price. Any suggestions for a relaxing and comfortable beach visit???

I wouldn't take an excursion -- I'd get off the ship as early as possible and grap a cab to Orient Beach. Get yourself a chair and umbrella (very inexpensive) and enjoy the day; there are places to grab a drink or bite to eat. Very nice and very safe! Enjoy.

I wouldn't take an excursion -- I'd get off the ship as early as possible and grap a cab to Orient Beach. Get yourself a chair and umbrella (very inexpensive) and enjoy the day; there are places to grab a drink or bite to eat. Very nice and very safe! Enjoy.

I agree. The pier in St. Martin is one of the nicest we've seen, especially since it's set up with different taxi stands for the different beaches. They help you to share cabs ans there really is no reason to do the excursion.

We did the Beach rendevous excursion to Orient Beach a few years back. I seem to remember you were provided with a lounger and an umbrella, plus a drink. Also you were served lunch in one of the beachfront restaurants. An enjoyable day, even the few nudists strolling the beach (always the ones who should not be strolling ;) ) did not spoil the beauty of this place. Plus there were several sites that were rather nice to look at.

Thanks for mentioning the lounge chairs, Bill. I meant to mention that we paid $15 for two lounge chairs, one umbrella and two drinks at the beach.

I think either way you go, it's a great beach. We have found none prettier in our travels.

Everyone is right about skipping the excursion and going yourself via a cab.

There are over about 20 places tht rent chairs and umbrellas and you can stoll the beach and look for YOUR CHOICE of food to eat.

Also you can leave whenever you are ready....

Plus, and this is rare, Orient Beach can get very windy. If it's rainy or to cold or if it is so windy that you can't go in the water, you can move on to another beach.

I agree on the taxi - I'd also ask them to take you directly to one of the beach clubs like Kakao, or Waikiki. If you don't specify I think they drop you at a big drop off point by Pedro's, and it's a further walk to some of the clubs. Here is a map showing all the clubs on the beach, many of which have web sites showing their facilities and menus: http://home.carolina.rr.com/photos2005/SmallOrientPanorama.htm

Club orient at the north end is a clothing optional club. You'll see some nudity everywhere on the beach, but less if you're a little further away. We don't find it enough to bother us, even though we're not into that. We do love Orient Beach, it is very nice there. We have some pics in our March 2003 and March 2004 cruise on the web site below.

Archived