For those recently back from Miracle partial Panama Canal cruise

RoperDK

We were supposed to be on this cruise, but couldn't due to family illness. Our friends did go and said that they thought that the back of the ship on deck 3 was closed off during the Canal transit. Can anyone confirm this? I had told them that this area would show a great perspective to watch part of the transit. They speculated that it was closed off due to cables attached at the rear of the ship. They were unfamiliar with the ship layout and really weren't sure if that was the area that was closed off. My reason for asking is that we have booked a deck 4 aft wrap cabin on another partial Canal transit and I wonder if our balcony would be unavailable during the transit, also. A deal killer for us. Hopefully, someone just off this cruise can answer this question for us.

Thanks in advance,

Dawn

It does not appear that it was closed on the Pride, and don't believe the lines would be a problem. I believe the first pic is the lowest level the ship is in the Gatun Locks, and the second is during the rise. You can see someone on the deck in the second one. EM

enhance

enhance