Our review of the Yankee Clipper - Ft Lauderdale

smoothdancer

Hi all,

Just returned from short cruise and we stayed at the Yankee Clipper, pre cruise. We had a really good expereince with this hotel. Here is our review, with a lot of pictures!

Click on the Flordia button on our review website to get to it. Here is the link

WWW.JUSTEATIN.COM

smoothdancer,

Great review! Thanks for information--My wife and I will be at the Yankee Clipper precruise in March (Celebrity's Century). Can you request transportation to the Pier through Yankee Clipper? What are the costs like? By the way, I got this hotel through "easyclick" for a pretty good rate for March.

Thanks again!

Kel

I was on Celebrity last year and loved the line. Have a great vacation.

There is a conceirge at the Yankee Clipper that will can arrrangements for transportation for you. If you are going out of Ft Lauderdale you are really close to the pier and can just go by taxi. I prefer a taxi to a shuttle because sometimes the shutlle makes so many stops and delays your boarding time. If your pier is Miami you are abount 35 mintues away and a shuttle would be the cheapest route. They told me the cost was about $50.00 per person so a limo or a sedan does not cost that much more.

I was on Celebrity last year and loved the line. Have a great vacation.

There is a conceirge at the Yankee Clipper that will can arrrangements for transportation for you. If you are going out of Ft Lauderdale you are really close to the pier and can just go by taxi. I prefer a taxi to a shuttle because sometimes the shutlle makes so many stops and delays your boarding time. If your pier is Miami you are abount 35 mintues away and a shuttle would be the cheapest route. They told me the cost was about $50.00 per person so a limo or a sedan does not cost that much more.

Thanks smoothdancer!

We usually just do the taxi -- just thought they may have a special thing going? Celebrity cruise number nine (our favorite cruise line:) )

Thanks again,

Kel

I'm a little leery of booking a cheaper hotel on the beach for our next cruise because it will be spring break - we had a bad experience last year with coeds partying all nite outside our door. Do you think that may happen at this establishment????

Is Ft Lauderdale still a hot spring break spot? I would be a little aprehensive myself. You might want to consider the Lago Mar in Ft Lauderdale. They are more family oreinted, a little more expensive, but I think they are worth it... My very favorite place to stay. They do offer pretty good deals for AAA members. With thier new reno they might even be offering some deals.

Fort Lauderdale isn't the Spring Break party place it was in the 70's and early 80's. The college crowd have largely moved to Cancun where they can drink legally, however Fort Lauderdale is still filled to the brim with tourists during "Spring Break". There are some college kids, but NOTHING like it used to be.

These would all be good choices for Fort Lauderdale Beach...

Lago Mar... http://www.lagomar.com/

Harbor Beach Marriott... http://www.marriottharborbeach.com/

Pelican Beach Resort (only the NEW tower)... http://www.pelicanbeach.com/

The Atlantic... http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury/search/hotel_detail.html?propertyID=1475

Archived