No Cup Final

crows nest club

Quite a few unhappy passengers (mainly men) as Sapphire Princess cruise director announced last night that they won't be showing the Cup Final live today!! They will however have full coverage of the Royal Wedding on Big Screen and in cabin t.v 's. I'm sure some wives are happy.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Forums mobile app

Quite a few unhappy passengers (mainly men) as Sapphire Princess cruise director announced last night that they won't be showing the Cup Final live today!! They will however have full coverage of the Royal Wedding on Big Screen and in cabin t.v 's. I'm sure some wives are happy.

:mad::mad::mad:Come on! This is her 3rd marriage people. I say it won't last but the Cup lives on forever!!!

Surprise, surprise the Cruise Director has just announced that "due to so many requests (?complaints), they have managed to get last minite rights to show the F.A Cup Final!! Quite a few cheers rsngbout on deck.

WAHOO!!! Now I know, all I have to do is round up some hockey fans and head over to the purser's desk! I'm bringing my Lightning jersey with me (that's if they get into the championship game). AND if that doesn't work, I have found 2 great sports bars in both Juneau and Skagway, if we cannot get them to broadcast it on the ship.

I was disappointed last week on the emerald where they did not show the play off games but managed to satellite in the Love Boat self congratulatory Hollywood star ceremony. The attitude was really bad about it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WAHOO!!! Now I know, all I have to do is round up some hockey fans and head over to the purser's desk! I'm bringing my Lightning jersey with me (that's if they get into the championship game). AND if that doesn't work, I have found 2 great sports bars in both Juneau and Skagway, if we cannot get them to broadcast it on the ship.

The OP was talking about the FA Cup final... football (soccer), not hockey. But US based ships in Alaska should have the Stanley Cup final. We had the playoffs a couple of years ago...

Agreed could care less about the wedding.

Princess does not seem to have problems with getting rights for the US market. Princess does not seem to make sufficient effort at catering to the tastes of its international clientele when it comes to entertainment. They have a lot of data on their customers - this would seem to be an easy fix. They have got major US sports figured out.

Correction - I did speak to the cruise director after the fact and said the channels were limited to espn for sports. So basically the answer is if you want soccer or hockey you need to complain directly to princess. I have never seen a survey question on channels or event availability so it is probably way off their radar screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He is responsible for scouting the ports and could not even point out a sports bar.

He's responsible for collecting kick-backs from shops in ports, in exchange for hyping the shops to passengers.

How did he do at this?