Voyager or Radiance?

covey

I usually cruise the first week of December and have been on the Millenium, Zuiderdam and Grand Princess. I would like to try RCCL and both the Voyager and Radiance have sailings early next December. Any RCCL addicts out there with suggestions?

It pretty much depends on what type of cruise experience you are looking for and where you want to sail. Check out the itineraries and see if there is one that is better for you than any other one.

We have sailed on both Voyager and Radiance class ships and enjoyed both. The cruise experience, however, is different according to which class ship you choose. Voyager class ships have a number of unique features which make sailing on them different than sailing on any other class of ship. The Royal Promenade and the Ice Skating rink and Johnny Rockets are some of the more popular features you won't find elsewhere.

Radiance class ships feature lots of glass and great views of the ocean scenery from within the ship. The Solarium has a retractable roof which makes it possible to use the pool without regard to the weather outside, and the SeaView Cafe is great for a light snack during the day or late at night. Radiance class ships have both Chops and Portofino alternative restaurants while some Voyager class ships offer only one.

Concierge lounges on Radiance class ships have great views of the ocean while those on Voyager class ships are interior lounges, larger but without any view.

The design of the Radiance class ships draw you towards the outside, while the design of Voyager class ships seem to draw you inside to the extent where it is possible to forget you are onboard a ship.

We enjoy both but prefer the Radiance class. I don't think that choosing either one would be a disappointment. Make a choice and enjoy. The next time you can always try the other class and see which, if either, you prefer.:)

The Radiance will be more like the ships you have been on as far as:

Size - - 90,000 GT (about the same as Millinium and Grand Princess)

Elegance - - Radiance interior is more like the Grand Princess (Have not seen Millenium)

Intertainment - - Lounges and activities (as previous poster informed) on Radiance are more comparable to your experience.

Hope this Helps

Hello Covey,Your in luck I have sailed on both classes and they are equally nice.The Jewel of the Seas is one of the Prettiest ships out there and the Voyager class are just big and have their own personality.We loved both trips.As luck would have it my wife and I are booked on the Jewel December 2,2006 along with 6 or 7 other couples.Can't wait. If you would like to join us we would love to have you come along.We are going to be having 2 or 3 Texas Hold'em tournaments if you are interested in cards.Also if you want to talk off line you can reach me at priestley@ll.mit.edu hope to here from you.

I have been on the Radiance class and also the Voyager class. I find the Voyager class too big. I felt like I was in a mall rather than on a ship. The ships are huge and I would see and talk to people but never see them again. On the Radiance class wherever you are you can see the ocean and I would run into people I had seen and met all over the ship. Even though the voyager ships are beautiful, I don't think there are ships afloat that are as striking and gorgeous as the radiance class ships. Having sailed on both, I will limit myself to the radiance class from now on unless there is a spectacular itinerary I can't pass up (and a good price with it).

Garry

Archived