ugg!

Amink

We have been contemplating switching our cruise again...

but it seems there is nothing out there for 2007. I know that is way in advance, but we have o choice but to plan far ahead...

We really want to sail out of NYC, and on Carnival, does anyone out there know more about the 2007 schedules that I can find???

Even the cruise we have book (the one we want to switch) isn't listed...

sigh! Help please?

The difference I have noticed with NCL vs CCL is that Norweign usually has more port days, while Carnival has more sea days. It depends on your preference. Prices seemed to be about the same. Carnival seems to be a bit more 'glitzy'.

Amink, do you have the lastest Carnival brochure? It's for 2005-2007. I got this one from Carnival about 3 months ago. Lots of cruises listed. Maybe I'm just not clear on what it is you're asking...?

Ami - Our NJ family just booked the NCL Spirit for '07 and agree that the NCL rack rates (never pay those though) are a little pricey. We have only cruised with Carnival in the past and were a little leery, but since Carnival doesn't have any sailings out of NYC (or anywhere close to home) during the time we can sail, we thought we'd try it once. We cruise during the Easter break and these cruises are always a little more expensive anyway. With what we spent for the '06 Carnival cruise - airfare, hotel, transfers and the cruise - I could spend the same price for an NCL cruise out of NYC and guess what, we've got a suite. It will probably be the last time I ever do this but I booked the family into an aft penthouse suite. Part of the point of going out of NYC was to save some money, well, we'll worry about that in '08!!!!

Looking at the brochure, I see only one cruise listed from NYC in 2007. (That surprises me.) They have several listed for 2006, but only one for 2007:

Legend - 6-day Bermuda - April 19, 2007.

In my brochure they have several 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruises from NYC in 2007! The ship is the Legend and the dates are:

April 25

May 3, 11, 19. 27

June 4, 12, 20, 28

July 6, 14, 22, 30

Aug 7, 15, 23, 31

Sept 8, 16, 24

Oct 2, 10

Go to any travel agent and ask for Carnival's "3 to 16 Day Cruise Vacations - 2006-2007"

It will probably be the last time I ever do this but I booked the family into an aft penthouse suite.

110105_emYA45_prv.gif

Doubt that! Once you go penthouse you won't go back to any other type. It happend to me with balconies!

Kat

I know what you mean with the balconies - do it once you never go back. I think DH will have my hide if I book a suite again!!!! He's already asking if we can change this booking. I just got pics of the suite from another cruiser today - and wait till he sees them!!!!

They are called "Ice Breakers" not "snow plows"

Actually they arereal ships vs. floating ten - twelve story hotels with very little beneath the water line to givethem stability if they get hit braodside with a huge wave or a wind shear. Read about the listings of 20 - 30% on some of this tall new ships. scary.

Archived