For Women Only--What do you like to pack for a cruise? Not about the dress code

SLSD

I take as little as possible, but weather possibilities do need addressing. However, I usually take very few shoes - flat sandals for day, flat shoes for day, and flat ballet pumps for evening under the trousers (pants) which I invariably wear. Obviously those who use the gym will need special ones, and I know as an older female my needs are not as great as those who like to sport their red soles! I find shoes, especially DH's, take up the most room and are the heaviest things. Lots of tops but fewer trousers, as it is the tops which are seen most in the evenings. And plenty of jewellery for the plain back outfits, IMO as elegant as anything else which is more 'fussy'.

I hear you Lincslady. This year, my feet are being fussy, so a few more pairs of shoes just in case one does not feel comfortable (even though broken in and a main stay). I also pack plain black outfits with jewelry and scarves.

I think that scarves so make an elegant outfit!! The most simple pant/top or dress comes alive with a classy or trendy scarf, even blingy for more formal occasions. I can wear a top more than once with different scarves, and provide variety with different ways of knotting it. I believe it's advisable to invest in good quality scarves to achieve the expected look. I also don't mind using fashion jewelry and leave my better pieces behind.

I usually prepare a spreadsheet with the cruise dates on the vertical and activities on the horizontal. Then I abbreviate the wardrobe definition for each activity per date. I am a planner!! Now, the fun thing is that I am also a rebel... I mainly disregard the spreadsheet while on the cruise!!! Still, it helps me when packing.

Packing a recent land trip and middle eastern cruise I set up a portable hanging rack (The folding kind for extra coats for parties) and hung up clothing choices there. Was much easier to edit down, think about weather options, mix and match, see how different color combos would work, use the Marie Kondo test,etc. London ended up being surprisingly warm, the dining room a/c and patio were cold, so glad I had a mix.

I take far too much! I hang everything I think I want to take on a rolling rack in my closet, trying to mix and match as much as I can......then I eliminate. I love shoes, so I bring more than I should. A few bags, but clutches are thin...a messenger bag, a tote or two. Always a cashmere sweater, even in warm climates. I use Eastern Mountain packing cubes. in our Val pack, I hang things with plastic bags from the dry cleaner, helps with wrinkles. I use wire hangers or those really thin ones, which I leave on the ship (no more wire hangers, to quote Joan Crawford) so unpacking goes right into the closet! I Keep folded garments in individual plastic bags packed with tissue, keeps nicely stacked and easy to get to without messing up the clothes. A lot of work, but it saves time when unpacking. I love my clothes!