Latest fashion rule on stockings???

judytata11

I plan to wear a long black skirt and dressy black pants with lovely tops for formal nights. I've have beautiful new shoes to go with them so, my question is ....no stockings. nude stockings or sheer black stockings????:confused: :confused:

I plan to wear a long black skirt and dressy black pants with lovely tops for formal nights. I've have beautiful new shoes to go with them so, my question is ....no stockings. nude stockings or sheer black stockings????:confused: :confused:

My personal rules are not hose with open toe shoes and if you are wearing hose, the nude in the sheerest of sheer possible. I personally do not care for black stockings or hose.

You don't say if your shoes have open or closed toes. With closed toes, I'd opt for hosiery (as much as I hate them). Open toes, it's up to you, most say no hose, but a very sheer sandalfoot might be best for you. Bottom line, you have to do what is comfortable for you. I'd definitely not do black hose with an open toe.

I'm another one not fond of black hose, unless they are ultra sheer. To me it looks rather odd to have arms a whole lot lighter and a different color than your legs. I'd rather see a woman dressed in hosiery that matches her own skin, it just looks classier and more elegant to me. So, perception is different for everyone, I know I've read here that some think it ruins the line to have skin tone hosiery with a black dress. I don't see that at all.

Kind of like food. My BIL will recommend a restaurant he raves about, we'll go and find absolutely nothing we care for and not like the atmosphere at all.

I do have long dressy black pants and a glittery top and I definitely plan to wear sheer black hose with them. I realize the hose/no hose debate is strictly a personal thing and I go with the hose. I do not care for the bare leg look especially with formal wear. But, that's just my personal taste. I say, go with what you are most comfortable with and what makes you feel good.

Archived