Crown & Anchor

They don't care how many days your cruise was before the conversion. If it was 1 cruise point, it became 7 cruise credits in the new system.

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

Hi folks,

Does being a member bring any notable benefits? I'm about to go on my 3rd cruise and so far, I haven't seen any benefits to signing up

Here is what you missed on your second cruise. Here is what you will get on your third:

Anthem_Gold_sheet.jpg

Some benefits depend on the port: Even with just a handful of points, there may be much shorter lines for embarcation paperwork where you receive your room key. The cruise I just returned from had a queue about 200 deep for "not C&A at all" and about 75 in "Gold (have cruised at least once before)".

You'll be able to get back-credit for the three cruises you've already taken too and it costs nothing but a little time to join.

I agree that the earliest benefit of C&A is at embarkation. Although it is not a monetary benefit, if it saves you some time standing in line and gets you to enjoying vacation sooner that is good enough for us at Platinum.

My first cruise was in 2001. 4 night Caribbean cruise. My 2nd sailing with RC isn’t until 2019. 18yrs between sailings. I don’t even know if they had the C&A program back in 2001. I came across my onboard spending file from 2001. I scanned it and sent it to the Crown and Anchor program via the email link and we all received credit for that cruise. We will be Gold when we board next year.I would contact C&A and find out how you can add past cruises to your account.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, C&A did exist prior to 2001 but the points system was different. Back then you got 1 cruise credit for completing a sailing, 1 cruise credit for being booked in a JS or higher cabin and 1 cruise credit for cruises of 12+ nights or longer. You could earn a max of 3 points per cruise.

That all changed on January 21, 2011, where credits went to points. You now earn 1 point for each night you cruise and double points if you cruise in a JS or higher. RCI enhanced the program in October of 2013 so that if you cruise solo you earn 2 points per night and 3 points in a JS or higher.