duty free liquor.

I’ve never been charged when bringing over the 5 liters (or whatever the limit is). It’s been at least 5 years since I’ve brought anything back so my knowledge isn’t current. I’ve heard that Galveston is pretty strict about it though. I’ve stopped bothering to buy liquor on cruises because you really don’t save money anymore. Prices are the same as home, maybe $1 or $2 cheaper, but not worth the hassle of lugging it home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Galveston is sticky after customs because they are collecting the Texas tax on alcohol and cigars. These are Texas employees, not federal. They will stop you, they will randomly search and they will fine.

Booze bought on board isn't really duty free, it is simply tax free. If I recall from the last time we cruised you could bring back a couple hundred bucks (maybe $400) of stuff (including liquor) without declaring it.

We brought back 4 liters last December (a couple as gifts) and didn't need to declare it because it was under the limit.

No, it is duty free.

Your personal allowance is $800, but liquor and cigarettes are limited to a certain number or amount, no matter what the cost.

You may not legally bring back $800 worth of liquor.

No, it is duty free.

Your personal allowance is $800, but liquor and cigarettes are limited to a certain number or amount, no matter what the cost.

You may not legally bring back $800 worth of liquor.

Sure you can, if you pay the duty on it:cool:;).