2 cruises or 1?

1 or 2 cruises?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. 1 or 2 cruises?

• I would prefer 1 really good quality cruise
    • I would prefer 2 cheaper cruises

I need more information to answer the question. If it is 2X short cruises vs. 1 longer one (e.g., 2X 3-nights vs. 1X 7-night), I'll take the 7-night hands down. However, if it's 2X 7-night in a deck 2 cabin vs. 1X 7-night in a junior suite balcony, I'll take the 2X 7-nights.

Ok to clarify

Hypotheticallly, say its a 7 days cruise (where - doesn't matter). I was just wondering whether people would prefer 1 good quality, 4-5* or 2 much cheaper 2-3* (not that there are any 2-3* ships, I dont know).

Ok to clarify

Hypotheticallly, say its a 7 days cruise (where - doesn't matter). I was just wondering whether people would prefer 1 good quality, 4-5* or 2 much cheaper 2-3* (not that there are any 2-3* ships, I dont know).

We are not rich, but we cruise 2, 3 or 4 times a year in an inside guaranteed cabin. We prefer cruising more often rather than one expensive one.

Every year I say I'm going on 2 cruises/vacations - every year I only ever end up doing one. Bottom line is that I blow all the money on one trip and have a spectacular time :) I think I always know in the back of my head that the 2nd cruise isn't going to happen ( time constraints with work etc) so I book what I want - and worry about paying for it later ;)

We are fortunate enough to be able to take several cruises a year. Usually one is a week or longer and the rest are 3 nighters to keep us from suffering too badly from PCD.

I guess my choice would be one good (RCCL or Princess) vs one sublime (Seabourn or Silversea, haven't done either), in which case I'd take 2 on RCCL any day. I don't think I handle one week on an orange EasyCruise ship, let alone two!

I would always take quality over quality. I don't care if it costs twice as much, I'd prefer a better quality cruiseline in a nicer cabin for one week, than 2 cheaper cruises.

Having said that, this is now... back when I was younger I was way less picky.

Ok to clarify

Since you put it that way, neither!

My thoughts on cruise lengths.

2-3 days - Not worth the planning an effort

3-4 days - Still not worth it

7 days - Ok, it takes a couple of days to find your way around the ship, by then you're already thinking of how you only have 4 or so days left to enjoy it.

11 days and longer - I've found that after 11 days on a cruise you're just about ready to get home and start planning your next one.

Just my opinions folks.

Aubie

• 2 weeks later...

Archived