Carry on coolers

2Xtraveler

Hi everyone, we were planning on bringing a rolling cooler for our 2 bottles of wine and a few cans of Arnold Palmers. Are they very strict to size limit of the cooler? The one we have has soft sides but I'm sure its taller than 12". Thanks for any info.

This is from the Carnival website:

Since the screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage. Small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12 inches x 12 inches x 12 inches, for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications, are permitted as carry-on luggage.

However, I think almost all the ships have a refrigerator, so once you are onboard you can just store your items there.

...a few cans of Arnold Palmers.....

For what it is worth, and I am not sure how picky you are about your brand of Arnold Palmers, but there is unlimited ice tea and lemonade available on the ship at no additional charge. If it saves you the trouble, you could just mix half lemonade and half tea to make your own Arnold Plamers. :cool:

• Like 1

For what it is worth, and I am not sure how picky you are about your brand of Arnold Palmers, but there is unlimited ice tea and lemonade available on the ship at no additional charge. If it saves you the trouble, you could just mix half lemonade and half tea to make your own Arnold Plamers. :cool:

I really like Arnold Palmers. I have tried what you suggested. Trust me, it does not work. The lemonade on the ship is just too nasty. I tried various ratios of lemonade to tea. Did not matter.

Once on board your cabin steward does not care what size your soft sided cooler is. Only port and on board security do, and some ports like Baltimore are strict about the size while other like NYC don't care if it's an inch or 2 bigger.

Your best bet to avoid any potential size issue is to fold down your current soft side cooler and pack it in a piece of luggage (either carry-on or checked). Once in your cabin with it set it up where your steward can easily ice it regularly.

Also many of the ships (even the older ones that went through a 2.0 FunShip upgrade) have the mini fridge in the cabin. It would be listed on the deck plans at Carnival's website if you click or search out your cabin #. You would have to leave it in your cabin for the duration of the cruise, and can not bring it off at ports of call.

Another option involves purchasing a new insulated backpack style cooler. Since these don't look like a standard cooler most of the time security just scans them as regular carry-ons. The only problem is they don't always sit well on the counter space provided. But at least if you want to take it to the Lido deck or off in port for your own drinks it possible.