Latitudes Member benefits

Bern

We are sailing on the Dawn Jan 22nd. This is our first time sailing as a Latitude Member. Can anyone tell me what the benefits are? I was told that a member can board the ship an hour earlier than non members. How do you go about doing this and can it be done in NYC? Also, I read that you can get discounts in the bars and gift shop. Which bars give the discounts? I would appreciate any information I can get.

Thanks

Norwegian Cruise Line is pleased to offer past guests of NCL the following benefits:

Members-only savings and discounts.

Latitudes onboard liaison, the Port & Cruise Consultant, to answer your questions at sea.

Onboard booking discounts and credits - see your Port & Cruise Consultant.

Special check-in at select ports.

Complimentary subscription to Latitudes, a quarterly magazine.

Members-only cocktail reception hosted by the Captain.

Special discounts at the Internet Café.

A Latitudes membership card, your passport to future cruise lat_card_02.gifsavings and onboard recognition.

Members of NCL's Latitudes Club are also entitled to Polo Club past-guest benefits when sailing on Orient Lines' Marco Polo.

WHAT? :eek: Since when? What ship were you sailing when you enjoyed this????????

Wow! This is great news if it applies to every ship. :D

I'd like to hear confirmation of this too. I spent thousands in the jewellery store on my last cruise..... and didn't get a Latitudes discount.

Norwegian Cruise Line is pleased to offer past guests of NCL the following benefits:

Members-only savings and discounts.

Latitudes onboard liaison, the Port & Cruise Consultant, to answer your questions at sea.

Onboard booking discounts and credits - see your Port & Cruise Consultant.

Special check-in at select ports.

Complimentary subscription to Latitudes, a quarterly magazine.

Members-only cocktail reception hosted by the Captain.

Special discounts at the Internet Café.

A Latitudes membership card, your passport to future cruise lat_card_02.gifsavings and onboard recognition.

Members of NCL's Latitudes Club are also entitled to Polo Club past-guest benefits when sailing on Orient Lines' Marco Polo.

I thought they also gave out pins? I think I have one somewhere in a junk drawer....

We are sailing on the Dawn Jan 22nd. This is our first time sailing as a Latitude Member. Can anyone tell me what the benefits are? I was told that a member can board the ship an hour earlier than non members. How do you go about doing this and can it be done in NYC? Also, I read that you can get discounts in the bars and gift shop. Which bars give the discounts? I would appreciate any information I can get.

Thanks

I really see no great benefit so far of being a Latitudes member.

Yes you can use early embarkation in NYC. Just head upstairs and wait with all the other Latitudes members sailing. The line there is usually just as long as the regular line.

We did receive a drink discount on every cruise but only in a certain bar. On the Dawn..They place a blue DOT sticker on your card so when you go to this bar they know your a member and give you the discount. Makes NO sense, since your room card says LATITUDES on it??

We did receive a discount on certain merchandise on the Crown, but NOT liquor or cigarettes.

My wife got a diamond ring on our last Cruise with Star. Columbian jeweleries. Ring was $995.00. She received 10% off. Also on all watches purchased 10% off. One other was the liquor 10% off. There are some advantages...........:)

I really see no great benefit so far of being a Latitudes member.

Other than the check-in--we've had better luck than you, because for us the Latitudes lines have always been MUCH shorter--I tend to agree with you. Having a drink discount at the (usually) most inconveniently located bar is not a big deal. The cocktail party on our sailings has been so big you don't get a chance to talk with the captain or senior officers (once it was even in the Stardust Lounge! A cocktail performance!). And the Latitudes cruise prices are generally what you'd find on the big web travel sites.

However, previous threads on this board have discussed the new Latitudes multi-level program in which benefits increase as you take more cruises. If I recall correctly, no one yet knows what these benefits will be, but it's a good idea for NCL to add layers of benefits to recognize its most loyal customers. I understand that many other lines already do this.

Not official but this is what I have pulled together from various sources including members here.

Two ways to get addition perks - buy in with the onboard bonus program or as reported on Seatrader from remarks by NCL's CEO Gold 9+ and Platinum 14+ NCL cruises

GOLD& PLATINUM Perks

Advanced Booking Opps on Future Cruises

Special Lat Fares on Future NCL Cruises

Priority Check-in

On-board Latitudes Member Services

Latitudes Members ONLY Reception

Luggage Transfers (select locations)

Priority Status on Cabin Request & Upgrades

Special Welcome Aboard Amenity

Priority Disembarkation

PLATINUM only Perks

Priority Restaurant Reserve

Priority Tender Tickets

Reception with Senior Staff

I sailed the NCL Dawn on 12/10/05, first NCL cruise. I was in a suite and I checked in with the regular guests (unaware of special suite check in area). I was told by the check-in agent I was in the wrong area but I stayed where I was. I just wanted to get the cruise started.

I arrived at pier at 12 and was in my suite by 1225. I was amazed how painless the check in was. In my suite upon arrival, I had a letter for a gift for being a Lattitudes member. I thought this was a mistake since it was my first sailing so I did not get the gift, although the Butler and Concierge urged me to do so.

I was treated like a king the whole cruise and I can't believe I hadn't tried Freestyle cruiseing before. It worked so well for me. I can't wait to sail the Dawn again. I LOVED the ship!!!

WHAT? :eek: Since when? What ship were you sailing when you enjoyed this????????

Wow! This is great news if it applies to every ship. :D

Just returned from the Dec. 27 cruise on the Star. The 10% discount was offered in the shop for the first two days ONLY and not on all items (clocks, crystal were among the exceptions). They offered a $10 discount in the spa on port days on procedures costing $99 or more.

Archived