wine

george35

We just got off Of the Seaside yesterday. I had a bottle of wine in my carry-on bag which went through the scanning machine. The person watching the monitor saw that it was a bottle of wine stopped the conveyor and turned to her associate to ask about the bottle. The answer from her associate was not with this Cruise Line.

Apparently, the person watching the monitor is used to dealing with NCL or some of the cruise lines that do not allow wine to be brought on board. We went through the security check around 1:30 p.m. I can't believe my bag was the first one that had a bottle of wine in it. Almost everyone now has the drink package Which MSC is offering, i.e.drinks on us.

I guess that has practically brought to an end sneaking alcohol or wine on board.

Have a great Cruise!:halo:

We just got off Of the Seaside yesterday. I had a bottle of wine in my carry-on bag which went through the scanning machine. The person watching the monitor saw that it was a bottle of wine stopped the conveyor and turned to her associate to ask about the bottle. The answer from her associate was not with this Cruise Line.

Apparently, the person watching the monitor is used to dealing with NCL or some of the cruise lines that do not allow wine to be brought on board. We went through the security check around 1:30 p.m. I can't believe my bag was the first one that had a bottle of wine in it. Almost everyone now has the drink package Which MSC is offering, i.e.drinks on us.

I guess that has practically brought to an end sneaking alcohol or wine on board.

So does MSC allow carry on wine or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

So does MSC allow carry on wine or not.

As per FAQ section of MSC USA website...

Quote:

Can I bring food or drink on board?

No. However, food and drink may be brought on board for medical needs and other special requirements. Please complete the
Special Needs Form to alert MSC Cruises of any special requirements.

Does that mean they took it from you?

Yes, the screener saw the bottle and said it was okay for it to go on with this Cruise Line, MSC.

I know NCL is very very strict about bringing any liquor or wine on board, or for a matter of fact water also. MSC not so much.

What is printed on their website does not necessarily translate into what happens in reality.