Cabin below Cigar Bar

wildtky101

My current cabin location on the NCL Jade is directly below the Cigar Bar. I’m pretty sensitive to the smell of smoke (weird that I’m an ex-smoker and cannot stand the smell now), has anyone had any experience with a cabin below a confined smoking area, have you smelled smoke at all? I’m just wondering if I should reconsider the location. I would just change my cabin except all cabins in my category are sold out and the price of the cruise had gone up a lot since I booked so changing categories would be pricey. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have not been in the cabins below the cigar bar when I was on the Jade last year however I was down the hall on that very deck and all was fine.

However, if it helps we noticed on our 10 day cruise last year the room wasn't ever super busy (and we were in Europe) and when it was we couldn't smell anything from outside the room in the mini lobby area or in the French place next door so you should be fine.

I have not been in the cabins below the cigar bar when I was on the Jade last year however I was down the hall on that very deck and all was fine.

However, if it helps we noticed on our 10 day cruise last year the room wasn't ever super busy (and we were in Europe) and when it was we couldn't smell anything from outside the room in the mini lobby area or in the French place next door so you should be fine.

That makes me feel much better, thank you!

That makes me feel much better, thank you!

No problem,

My husband I have just been discussing this and he said he thought it must have been well fitted/done/contained in the refit as he couldn't smell a thing unless he got super close and took a deep breath. I know that area didn't get a super make over compared to the rest of the ship but it probably got some new fittings and things.

Enjoy the Jade, shes a lovely sized ship and her refit really made her feel nice to be on.

No problem,

My husband I have just been discussing this and he said he thought it must have been well fitted/done/contained in the refit as he couldn't smell a thing unless he got super close and took a deep breath. I know that area didn't get a super make over compared to the rest of the ship but it probably got some new fittings and things.

Enjoy the Jade, shes a lovely sized ship and her refit really made her feel nice to be on.

Wonderful! We are very excited since we’ve never been on the Jade. We won’t leave until December but of course I’ve already starting planning, for me that is part of the fun of a cruise!

• 7 months later...
On 6/4/2018 at 1:36 PM, wildtky101 said:

My current cabin location on the NCL Jade is directly below the Cigar Bar. I’m pretty sensitive to the smell of smoke (weird that I’m an ex-smoker and cannot stand the smell now), has anyone had any experience with a cabin below a confined smoking area, have you smelled smoke at all? I’m just wondering if I should reconsider the location. I would just change my cabin except all cabins in my category are sold out and the price of the cruise had gone up a lot since I booked so changing categories would be pricey. Thanks in advance!

Hi there!

We have been assigned cabin 5055 directly below the Cigar Bar for our cruise coming up in May.  I too was wondering about the smell of smoke and thus have found your thread.  I see that your cruise was in December so I was wondering if you would be kind enough to let me know if I should be trying to get an upgrade to a different room.

Hope you had a great cruise!

Thanks in advance for any info.

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

The NCL forum is a far better place for this discussion, as there will be more readers who have sailed NCL, including on the other Jewel-class ships besides the Jade.

This person specifically said they were sailing in December in a cabin in the same area of the same ship as we will be in.  Therefore they have recent experience with my exact question.  Is it not Ok for me to see if I can get an answer from her first??

1 minute ago, livetotravel1965 said:

This person specifically said they were sailing in December in a cabin in the same area of the same ship as we will be in.  Therefore they have recent experience with my exact question.  Is it not Ok for me to see if I can get an answer from her first??

Of course it's okay.  But she's not a frequent poster, and she may not notice your post.  You'll have many more NCL-cruisers over in the NCL forum.   Either way, I hope you get a reply. 

3 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Of course it's okay.  But she's not a frequent poster, and she may not notice your post.  You'll have many more NCL-cruisers over in the NCL forum.   Either way, I hope you get a reply. 

If I don't get a reply from her then I plan to post on the forum.