TA Disembarking in NYC

3dogmom

I'm taking the Jade from Southampton to NYC this fall. This TA has 2 disembark options; NYC or Miami. I'm wondering if anyone has taken a cruise with this 'early' departure option and if you can tell me if you were able to disembark quickly? We're scheduled to arrive at 8:00 AM, but trying to plan what time I should book my Statue Cruises tour.

Also, I've never disembarked in NYC before, so any comments on that are welcome.

Thanks for any advice!

I'm taking the Jade from Southampton to NYC this fall. This TA has 2 disembark options; NYC or Miami. I'm wondering if anyone has taken a cruise with this 'early' departure option and if you can tell me if you were able to disembark quickly? We're scheduled to arrive at 8:00 AM, but trying to plan what time I should book my Statue Cruises tour.

Also, I've never disembarked in NYC before, so any comments on that are welcome.

Thanks for any advice!

If NYC is the first disembarkation port you might have quite a time as the ship will need to clear customs. It might be quite a back up ... of course not all the passengers will be departing from there so I'm not sure how it would be.