Miami day before cruise

CatStevensfan

We are going on our first cruise. We fly into Miami at noon on Wednesday and our cruise is scheduled to leave noon on Thursday. We will have our 12 year old with us. Can anyone suggest ideas for the 24 hours before? Also, what time should we plan on being back for the cruise? We had thoughts of traveling to Key Largo- but looking for any suggestions anyone might have. Super excited, but also a bit anxious as not sure exactly what to expect. (one of those people who usually arrive early in order to feel on time)

Stay in Miami, preferably downtown. Hop-on/off bus tour is a good option for exploring both Miami and Miami Beach. Catch a taxiUber from your hotel to the port and you can be on the ship before noon! :D

I'll 3rd the hop on/hop off suggestion. Though I really do like the idea of renting a car and visiting the keys, I think arriving at noon and getting such a late start is not ideal for that.

Key Largo is a good option if your rent a car.

You can take the first snorkeling tour (early morning) at Pennekamp State Park and you'll be back in Port Miami at 1PM with plenty of time to check-in for your cruise.