Reflection bus transfer Livorno to Florence enough time for Uffizi?

cruzemaven

The tour description states there will be 3 hours on our own...is that enough time to see some of the Uffizi and still have time to walk back to the meeting place? Trying to figure out what time to book entrance tickets. The excursion begins at 8:15 and ends 3:45... any suggestions would be helpful...thanks

Yes, it should be, particularly if the Uffizi is the only attraction you go to.

I would call Celebrity, maybe the Captains Club people and ask about specifics - particularly where the bus lets you off.

We did this many years ago, and saw most of the Uffizi, takes about an hour each way to drive, bus lets you off outside centro storico, guide walks you to a central meeting place (ours was at Santa Croce) and gives you a time to meet back. I would say back then they were reluctant to let you break off from the group before you got to Santa Croce, they wanted you to physically see the meeting place AND they wanted to do enough "tour guiding" for you to give a small tip. Seemed like we had more time on our own, drive was an hour, maybe thirty minutes walk to Santa Croce tops, then rest of the day on our own. We saw the Uffizi and had a sitdown lunch, I remember that. Perhaps we docked somewhere other than Livorno, although that sounds correct, this was 17 years ago.

Post this on the European ports of call thread, someone will have been on Celebrity recently enough to give you more data.