Found my 1998 HAL 25th Anniversry jersey :)

sail7seas

We sailed l Rotterdam ON HAL 's 25TH Anniv and a s clear as day, I recall winning t shirt celebrating the event. Went looking for what t to wear today and it was in the pile of t's. . I will wear it a t some point this week , after it gets re-washed. :)

Anyone have any 'souvenirs' of that event? Fun now that they celebrate all these additional years..

Sail, you have an extraordinary history with both HAL and Cruise Critic. Have fun with this newly found souvenir. How did you win it? Where did that cruise go 25 years ago.

On embark day, at aft t pool s ail away party, the cruise director played H AL t rivia. I had some right answers and won. ;0 It was a Caribbean cruise. She still had her lovely aft pool nd the sail away parties back then were fun. They had not yet made a mess of her aft.

Yes, I have LOTS of history with HAL as well as CC. :)

Rotterdam still d her wonderfula ft pool 'way back then. They had not yet made

We were on a HAL ship during her 25th Anniversary -- don't remember which ship.

Didn't win anything or get anything to remember that anniversary.

As a relative HAL newbie (only 10 years), both you and Sail's long-standing insights have been very helpful as well as your shared frustrations with some of the recent changes. Your accumulated 50 years of sailing history with HAL speaks well for the cruise line; your concerns also carry special weight. HAL obviously earned your long-term loyalty doing lots of things right. Please Seattle, listen to these people.

We sailed RotterDAM her Inaugual New Years Eve in the fleet. :) VERY fun.

We also sailed her b-to-b for Millenium Christmas and New Years. I sill have nice embossed small spiral notebooks they gave as pillow gifts on the Millenium New Years Segment.

I don't have clue wht to do with all these things. I have enjoyed havin g them but don't know anyone who would enjoy having all of them now them now.

We sailed RotterDAM her Inaugual New Years Ev in the fleet. :) VERY fun.

We also sailed her b-to-b for Millenium Christmas and New Years. I sill have nice embossed mall spirl notebooks they gave as pillow gifts on the Millenium New Years Segment.

I don't have clue wht to do with all these things. I have enjoyed havin g them but don't know anyone who would enjoy having all of them now them now.

Captain Albert likes to collect all HAL memorabilia. Pack them up and send it to him when you want to let go of them. I like the nostalgia display case some of the ships provide by the front desk. Veendam has one, but not sure what other ships have them.

I wonder if the Hotel New York in Rotterdam, the former Holland-Amerika headquarters, has an historical HAL artifacts collection. I find these items highly appealing myself. HAL could do very well selling its long-term and nostalgic cruising traditions, instead of flopping badly into what they think is new and trendy. Eg: rimless dinner plates. because Seattle thought the former blue and gold china pattern was not "contemporary" and edgy-enough looking.

Lot of work to sort through it all, to Pack it safely for mailing to w here?

There are two 125TH aniv.imprinted in gold script, crystal champagne flutes, big set of HAL ship Inaugural plates. I have the whole current fleet except for k' dm. I'll not list any more

Send it to Captain Albert, Where?

Someone is coming to my home soon today to remove much of it. I'll hav e them take most of it.

What to do with all the menus from Captain's Tabl e menues? MOst are signed by Captain. mANy of those Captains are now retired but efinitely n ot forgotten by me.

They go back to Noordam III and very early y cruises of Zuiderdam

Hotel Managers' (now known as Hotel Directors), tables, Chief Engineers............ No onE WITH whom to share those amazing memories

B ut grateful to ll who peovided those memories through dozens and dozens of cruises.

Sail, one of the more interesting things I have done was to sort through my mother's souvenirs of trips taken on now defunct cruise lines, and of the voyages she and her parents made across the Atlantic on HAL to visit each other, after she had married my American father, and left Holland for the U.S (prior to the advent of jet travel). There's a ton of history associated with Holland America. Hold on to your memories. On a practical note, perhaps somebody out there would be interested in purchasing some of your HAL memorabilia?

Sail, one of the more interesting things I have done was to sort through my mother's souvenirs of trips taken on now defunct cruise lines, and of the voyages she and her parents made across the Atlantic on HAL to visit each other, after she had married my American father, and left Holland for the U.S (prior to the advent of jet travel). There's a ton of history associated with Holland America. Hold on to your memories. On a practical note, perhaps somebody out there would be interested in purchasing some of your HAL memorabilia?

I had to empty my moher's home and found HAL Rotterdam V meus from a ruise my parents took great many years ago. I found items ffom a TA cruise on HAL her mother took on hAL probably in the late 50's or very early 60's.

I have it all and no one to whom to give it. i Idon't know how to post p hotos and don't care to learn. :embarrassed:

I also have no wish for multiple trip s to post off ice to mail all these things.. I would happily give most away to any one who wants it. My DH I have had pleasure from it ll and truly have very much enjoyed it for years.

HUH ??

If that link is meant for me............. WHY would I want to buy what they are selling? I want t to give mine away. you c can be very SU RE I will not be Se LLING on -ebay.

HUH ??

If that link is meant for me............. WHY would I want to buy what they are selling? I want t to give mine away. you c can be very SU RE I will not be Se LLING on -ebay.

It was just plain fun looking at what others are offering for sale, and triggering memories from times past. I just scored some vintage poster HAL luggage tag holders off this eBay link that look super. So someone's HAL memorabilia just got another life.

Can you believe someone is selling four HAL blue and gold rimmed Rosenthal coffee cup and saucers for almost $70? (Did they steal them from the main dining room -they are a more fragile cup design than I remember. Or did they become part of overstock)

Oh, I see.

happy you had enjoyment looking at iT. I have no stolen items I wish to pass along. :)

I

But i do have some of the nice vintage luggage tags. I like them :)

Edited by sail7seas