Ladies what clothes do you pack for your Europe river cruise?

Cruiseoholic000

Guess on Avalon your allowed to take them on. All it says in my little book...just need a adapter

Yep, Avalon is fine with curling irons: https://www.avalonwaterways.com/Avalon-Cruises/FAQs/

Electricity

Electricity on board in Treasure of Galápagos is 110v. Electricity on board the Delfin III is 220v. The bathrooms have a dual 220v/110-120v plug for shavers and small appliances. You will need an adapter or converter to use in other outlets in the stateroom for any small personal items such as a razor, curling iron, or alarm clock. For specific details on voltage requirements on land for each of the countries you are visiting, please refer to the Know Before You Go section.

We did Portugal, River of Gold, I had a pair of black Teva sandals, slip on black dress shoes with good support, Capri pants, t-shirts, one cotton sweater, scarfs for dress up, 3 pairs travel underwear that washed every night, since Viking is casual Capri/ shirt and sandals were fine for Day & night. My husband took a pair of grey jeans and tan cotton pants, plus shorts in a longer length, golf shirts, sneakers. Since we spent time in Lisbon before our tour we had some thing laundered on board which is worth it for packing light, enjoy the trip

Shorts are not permitted in churches in Europe however if it is not a big tourist church like in Rome you could get in maybe. If he can get those pants that have the zipper so they are shorts but you zip the lower part on to create pants. My husband wore them on days where a church visit was in our itinerary. Also mem in Europe wear Capri type pants unlike mem in the US so if your husband doesn't mind them maybe mem's capris.

My wife and I are leaving tomorrow for our third river cruise. 14 days total travel time. We both do a carry-on size bag and a small tote. Get past the idea that you have to wear a different outfit every day or evening. No one cares. No one notices. We're all in the same boat. You ignore everyone else's wrinkled clothes because no one has an iron. Ladies change things up with their accessories and maybe a fancy top for a couple of nights. My wife pairs everything with black slacks. Maybe khaki for daytime. I wear khakis all the time with a variety of solid colored golf shirts and a coupe of dress shirts. Pretty simple to do carry on only and takes the worry out of your bag not showing up at the airport.

This is exactly what we do...

My husband will wear a pair of khakis (or jeans) during the day, and at night he will wear khakis or a pair of gray slacks (just depends on the time of year).

I wear cotton pants (not capris) during the day in one or two colors, and at night I'll have one pair of black slacks and I wear a few different tops. Just depends on the person obviously, but this is what works for us. We are light packers and have never regretted it. We also never want to check our bags, we are strictly carry-on only.

Guess on Avalon your allowed to take them on. All it says in my little book...just need a adapter

I had my flat iron on Avalon and they didn't seem to have an issue. I just made sure to not leave it plugged in when I was done.

I'm a curvy size 12, and find it a challenge to find pants, especially in REI type styles. It's like they assume anyone wanting those fabrics must also be toned with no butt or hips. I also live 90 minutes from the nearest shopping that isn't a walmart. I've decided I spend less in return shipping than I do in gas by going to various stores on an all day shopping trip. I buy many pairs of pants online, in a couple of sizes, knowing 75+% will be going back. If I find a pair I really like, I buy them in multiple colors.

I feel you sister! Same issue. Same size. I have found that Macy's is my best bet for clothing fit. And when I get pants that I like....I get a couple colors in the same brand/size. They have a curvy fit size that fits my hips perfectly.

I purchased a great very light weight Capri skimmer https://mobile.kohls.com/product/prd-3205423/petite-sonoma-goods-for-life-poplin-skimmer-capris.jsp?prdPV=2&userPFM=capri%20skimmer%20sanoma These should go with my Keens and my croc sandals. I also purchased a lightweight dress on Amazon. I am going to pack one pair of shorts and a few lightweight tops.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I see that shorts are not option for dinner and just read a articles that Europeans don,t wear shorts (https://www.ricksteves.com/travel-tips/packing-light/packing-tips-clothes) (https://adventureswithsarah.net/packing-shorts-europe/)

I do not know, when Mr. Steves last spent some time in a pedestrian zone of a German city on a warm summer day. However, shorts or hot pants became increasingly popular in the last two or three years, esp. women u30 are wearing them.

They still are not appropriate attire to visit a church. But apart from that - you would not be the only one wearing them in town.