Mine to take?

fairborne, thanks for your thoughts, I agree it has nothing to do with the ‘caliber’ of guests. I think there is much todo about nothing regarding this! Also feel it is valuable as you may really like something in your room/cabin and would like to purchase one for home or a gift. I don’t feel it has anything to do with ‘pinching’ items as much as how to obtain an item if desired. I do realize some people do take items but don’t think this is the reasoning behind the Viking price list, this is Only my opinion, which matters not.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Fairbourne, enjoyed reading your post, but am confused. We are flying United on our way, and Virgin Australia on the way back. Are you saying the Virgin Australia will not have a decent business class? The youtube videos I have seen show the LAX to Auckland and back to be pretty nice business class on Virgin Australia.

Regarding salt and shakers, when my husband would fly back and forth to Germany on Lufthansa he would come home with a collection of salts, all different kinds of specialized ones for me to use. They gave each person a pretty good sized container of each and such an assortment. Guess salt is a big item on airlines!!!

Fairbourne, enjoyed reading your post, but am confused. We are flying United on our way, and Virgin Australia on the way back. Are you saying the Virgin Australia will not have a decent business class? The youtube videos I have seen show the LAX to Auckland and back to be pretty nice business class on Virgin Australia.

No not at all, Virgin Australia is a different experience which is why I asked if it was Virgin Atlantic you were flying (as some people tend to think its a first class offering on Virgin Atlantic when it is not but rather a business class cabin). I just had a look at the Virgin Australia's business class and it does look very nice indeed, much better layout than Virgin Atlantic!

Regarding salt and shakers, when my husband would fly back and forth to Germany on Lufthansa he would come home with a collection of salts, all different kinds of specialized ones for me to use. They gave each person a pretty good sized container of each and such an assortment. Guess salt is a big item on airlines!!!

How lovely - I remember KLM gave out miniature dutch ceramic houses which were/are very collectable! I think they had alcohol in them!

fairbourne, Love the ceramic delft houses from klm, they still give them out, Klm is our airline of choice and we have lots of them. There’s even an app - klm houses, so you can check off which ones you have :), it’s a nice touch.

We've been on the Star and the Sea and never saw this list. (We've been in DV1, PS1 and PV1 cabins.) In fact, I don't even know what some of the items are -- "felt magazine bag," "magazine tag," "portfolio," etc., were nowhere to be seen in our cabins. Maybe new additions with the Sky? Guess we'll find out when we board on July 7th. Can't wait to experience the $280 tissue box! :)

cocopico, here are photos of the bath items and the felt magazine bag :)

5b4b6219a84b48d5165f003504f4133d.jpg0e7bdec09dc335e15379c5d038244885.jpg