NCL - Schwerin Castle Tour from Ship

Has anyone done the Schwerin Castle tour off the NCL ship? We were all set to do visit this castle on our own until we realized that the castle is closed on Mondays and that is the day we're in port. In reading the description for this tour on the website, it says that it includes an inside tour of the castle. I called and was told the description is accurate, but I can't imagine that the ship gets a private showing of the castle when it's closed to everyone else.

So my question is for those who have done this tour, did you see it on a Monday and if so did you see the inside of the castle?

Thanks

I know better than to believe them without a 2nd confirmation, hence my request to the boards.

I can tell you the FoD tour, which is quite prestigious in the area, does not get indoor access that day, so I doubt NCL has any special strings to pull! But hopefully someone else has specific info

• 1 month later...

So as an FYI for those considering this: if your stop is on a Monday, this tour DOES include inside access to Schwerin Castle, even though it is closed to the public. It was actually quite manageable to explore then b/c the grounds were not crowded nor the inside (which was good given how out it was).

So as an FYI for those considering this: if your stop is on a Monday, this tour DOES include inside access to Schwerin Castle, even though it is closed to the public. It was actually quite manageable to explore then b/c the grounds were not crowded nor the inside (which was good given how out it was).

That’s good! We were just on the outside