Cabin selection help please

247kay

So I have booked a pack and go rate on the Dream and am thinking about calling back to book my own cabin as I am afraid I may end up with a noisy room. There are a few balcony cabins over the encore show lounge, a room over the jazz lounge, below the Lido buffet, and there a few, a very few, that aren't above or below anything noisy. I guess my question is being below the buffet, above the jazz lounge, or above Encore very noisy. I know being below the pool decks and the galley can be pretty bad but what about these locations. I am traveling with toddlers otherwise I wouldn't be as concerned about the noise. Lastly I noticed that it looks like balconies on the 6th deck lack privacy due to walkway directly below it any stayed on this deck? sorry for the 1238491263876289346 questions. :'):o Also of note is that we sleep with a fan that may help minimize the noise. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. :D

If noise could be that big of an issue, I'd suggest booking a cabin between decks that have only cabins above and below you.

With that being said, we have had a cabin with the main lounge below us and didn't hear any noise from it. I'm a pretty light sleeper so....

My personal view is that some folks believe that if you can ever hear 'anything' it's too loud. We've been in a balc directly under the Lido restaurant seating area plenty of times. Never been a problem. We were just over the main show lounge in Alaska. Not a sound. The two areas that would slightly concern me would be right over any disco and an unlucky spot adjacent to a galley where odd time noise might be an issue.

My personal view is that some folks believe that if you can ever hear 'anything' it's too loud. We've been in a balc directly under the Lido restaurant seating area plenty of times. Never been a problem. We were just over the main show lounge in Alaska. Not a sound. The two areas that would slightly concern me would be right over any disco and an unlucky spot adjacent to a galley where odd time noise might be an issue.

The ones below Lido were the ones I was most interested in so that is reassuring. I am not the type that minds very light noise as we will have a fan but I don't want to hear banging and scraping at 4 in the morning while they prepare for breakfast or something.

The ones below Lido were the ones I was most interested in so that is reassuring. I am not the type that minds very light noise as we will have a fan but I don't want to hear banging and scraping at 4 in the morning while they prepare for breakfast or something.

It's under the kitchens where it can be noisy. We love being under the Lido restaurant. On Conquest class at least there's an overhang as that deck extends out. Nice shade protection for our balc.