Just back from Celebrity cruise- Thoughts about packing

Beatin' the Heat

I am a SO Cal native and this May only took a carry on..things I took that I never needed umbrella, ponchos,wool socks, gloves,water proof pts(this is about the 5th cold weather cruise I have taken them on but have never used them).

Things I did use hiking boots, both a coat & jacket, scarf, wool billy jack brimmed hat, pair of leggings under my jeans, on our rainy day.

Re: binoculars...I expected everyone to have a pair with all the posts on CC.....that certainly was not the case on our sailing...one pair was plenty between the 2 of us and probably only 1 in 20 had them on the ship for viewing, I suppose on certain excursions everyone probably had a pair but not on ours.

Our temps 40-low 60's, we did have rain. Our RT Seattle cruise was warmer than some Pacific Coastals(wind) I have done from San Pedro.

Our excursions.....Float plane & Taku Lodge, Chilkoot Hike & River Float and snorkeling in Ketchikan.

The coldest I was during the trip was when I watched the 10:15 showing of MUTS, my toes were cold so should have put on those wool socks.

How was the floatplane and taku lodge? I have that booked, did you see bears?

How was the floatplane and taku lodge? I have that booked, did you see bears?

Just saw the local GM...Lois.....we missed her licking the grill.

But, returning from our Hike, heard an employee calling to us to look above, he was holding a big stick....we almost walked under the tree where Lois was still smacking her lips.

So yes, we saw her sitting in a tree. We hiked by ourselves. immediately after we ate....so as I said missed the grill licking..those that waited to go with the "guide" got to see it all.

It rained on our flights but saw beautiful blues in the glaciers due to the high cloud overcast. They give you towels to wipe off condensation on the windows.

Food was okay.....well run excursion...

We were the first excursion of the day 11:30......they were doing 3 after us.......Lois remained in the tree when the second group arrived.

Edited by land lover

Just saw the local GM...Lois.....we missed her licking the grill.

But, returning from our Hike, heard an employee calling to us to look above, he was holding a big stick....we almost walked under the tree where Lois was still smacking her lips.

So yes, we saw her sitting in a tree. We hiked by ourselves. immediately after we ate....so as I said missed the grill licking..those that waited to go with the "guide" got to see it all.

It rained on our flights but saw beautiful blues in the glaciers due to the high cloud overcast. They give you towels to wipe off condensation on the windows.

Food was okay.....well run excursion...

We were the first excursion of the day 11:30......they were doing 3 after us.......Lois remained in the tree when the second group arrived.

thanks.... I cant wait ! we leave 6/30

On our third day in Girdwood, it poured rain and the wind speed was high. All boat/air excursions were cancelled for everyone in the area. We were lucky. Didn't have any activities planned that day. We hiked a 5 mile trail in the heavily wooded Chugach Forest. It provided some shelter from the rain. Halfway through the hike, there is a hand tram for getting back and forth across the river. That was fun.

We are planning on doing this trail. Did you go to the gold mine and back?

How was the terrain?

Did you enjoy the hike?

thanks for all the info!:)