Helsinki - 16th July 2018 - Sapphire Princess

hooked-cruiser

It has just been announced that President Trump & President Puttin are to meet in Helsinki on the 16th July 2018. This is the same day as we are arriving on theSapphirePrincess. Wonder how this is likely to affect the village with the heightened security expected?

It has just been announced that President Trump & President Puttin are to meet in Helsinki on the 16th July 2018. This is the same day as we are arriving on theSapphirePrincess. Wonder how this is likely to affect the village with the heightened security expected?

We were in St. Petersburg in 2013 when the had the G 20 and although security was highly heightened everything seemed

to function as usual and normal for Princess...:)

You might want to plan an excursion that gets out of town. When the summit was announced I looked up which ships are scheduled to be in port that day. There are 4 ships with a total passenger load of 10,353. I think the situation might feel a bit different than St. Petersburg, although hopefully the location used for the summit will not be near the popular tourist sites.

Get on the tram right at the port. You can be sure these chaps aren't coming in by sea! Go to market square - it's the hub. I doubt they'll be there either. We took the public ferry across to the fortress island which was lovely. Came back and walked about the city, hoped on tram and back to the boat. Very easy. Buy an all day travel ticket from the machine at the tram stop near the ship - covers all public transport. I would think coming from the port to the market square you would t even know this blokes are in town really. Helsinki is lovely