3 for Free

fjrlady

I'm looking to book a cruise for November or December 2019. Does anyone have an idea as to when I can expect the next 3 for Free sale?

If it’s available like previous years, it’ll be shortly after S+S ends on 9/5/18.

In past years that included cruises from the following Summer up to the next Spring which would be Summer 2019 to Spring 2020 like the current S+S.

There’s no way to know if it’ll be the same 3FF benefits as recently: tips, OBC, category upgrade. S+S eliminated the OBC option so things could be different for 3FF.

I think I've become too cynical about the various offers. When I price out the cruise cost with the value of the perks, they always seem to come out to nearly the same amount. I think that Princess has decided how much they want to get from each guest, stratified by cabin type, etc. It may vary whether you pay a higher fare and get a "free" beverage package or pay a lower fare and get "free" gratuities,

This has even held true for the recent "Drop and Go" deals for Alaska. We got what I considered a great deal because in addition to the "free" specialty dinner and OBC, Alaska cruises were offering grats included. Now the prices are lower, but when I add in the cost of the grats and OBC, they come out to almost exactly the same....and if I add in the specialty dining, I come out a little ahead. It really doesn't matter as we are past final payment date, but I look out of curiosity.

Of course then I come on here and read of people getting 7 night cruises for $199 and realize that I'm not doing something right.

But yes, if you know what you want, book under the current promotion to secure your cabin and sailing date, then check the various offers as they come available to see whether anything works better for you than what you already have.

Edited by moki'smommy

If it’s available like previous years, it’ll be shortly after S+S ends on 9/5/18.

In past years that included cruises from the following Summer up to the next Spring which would be Summer 2019 to Spring 2020 like the current S+S.

There’s no way to know if it’ll be the same 3FF benefits as recently: tips, OBC, category upgrade. S+S eliminated the OBC option so things could be different for 3FF.

The current Sip & Sail doesn't include all sailings.

Hoping the 3 for free will when the current S+S ends.