Premium drink package removed from Mini cruises

Hello,

I think there are many that look upon the drinks package as less of an opportunity but more as a challenge. I came back from the Indy in May telling my TA never to accept a booking/enquiry from me again for an RCI three nighter.

Having said that, I wangled my way onto a TA's promotional 2 night cruise on Celebrity a couple of years back, and they were just as bad.

But whilst I don't doubt what has been posted thus far, what will the conversation be like on board when someone tries to buy a drinks package? Will they have to declare their nationality/place of residence?

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
Engerlish

I’d be more likely to take a cruise from Southampton to the Med if they abandoned drinks packages. I like a drink - I’m Irish ☘️. I don’t like people staggering around at 4 or 5pm which was my experience a couple of years ago. Sea days the bars are jammed with people trying to consume as much as possible. The atmosphere on the ship is unpleasant.

Yes it is a minority who behave this way but it’s still a large percentage of the passengers. It takes a lot of people to fill every bar on the ship, which was my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello,

I think there are many that look upon the drinks package as less of an opportunity but more as a challenge. I came back from the Indy in May telling my TA never to accept a booking/enquiry from me again for an RCI three nighter.

Having said that, I wangled my way onto a TA's promotional 2 night cruise on Celebrity a couple of years back, and they were just as bad.

But whilst I don't doubt what has been posted thus far, what will the conversation be like on board when someone tries to buy a drinks package? Will they have to declare their nationality/place of residence?

Regards,

Cublet

I told my TA the same. I was on that cruise too, it was just a total booze cruise and the bars were rammed 6 deep. It was very “not Royal Caribbean”. We had friends sailing with us on their first cruise, I don’t know how it didn’t put them off doing another. It certainly would have put me off if it was my first.

I can totally appreciate why they’ve did this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums