First Dinner Seating questions.

We're going on our first cruise in a few weeks:) Question on dinner seating. Our daughter is 7, and we'd like the first seating. Do they usually book the families with younger kids in the first seating?

When do you know what seating they've assigned - when your doc's arrive or when you get on the ship?

THANKS!

Your travel agent should have asked you which dinner seating you wanted when you booked your cruise. If the agent failed to do so, contact them right away. They normally put passengers in the dinner seating they have requested, not randomly based on the composition of the family group.

Hello,

First seating is better for a 7 year old because it is closer to their normal dinner time. Second seating is for the party types. Of course there are some 7 year olds who are seasoned travelers and can handle anything, but generally the early seating is better.

My children are grown but some of the best times we have had as a family was when we went on a cruise. Be sure and get the 7 year old involved as much as you can.

Have a great cruise,

Fred

More families with younger children seem to be present at the first seating, but I think that's because they prefer it that way. If your TA has asked this question (or even if he/she hasn't) you won't find out what time you have been assigned until you board the ship and receive your card.

Go online to www.rccl.com and look at your reservation. You can do this even if you booked through a TA. All you need to do is have your reservation #. You can look at your reservation by setting up a My Cruises account. After you've done that, it will give you the option of adding any existing reservations you have to your My Cruises account.

The reservation will show which dinner seating you've been assigned. If it shows 2nd seating, call your TA, or RCI, and have them switch the request to main seating, or if it is full, have them put you on the waitlist for main seating. If you are waitlisted, once you get onboard, go see the maitre'd to see if you can be moved to main seating.

we have a 8,9 &11 year old been on 5 crusies with them and we found its better on first seating.There tends to be more families and less of the party atmosphere not being insultive we travel alone also(my dw and i) and we love the party attitude of the late dinner so inb my opinion an early time would be better for you and your child.Enjoy!

I agree with the other reponse. Keep them glued to their normal routine which will ensure a happy cruise for all of you. The second seating is not until after 8P.M. and usually concludes between 10-10:30, so I doubt that that is your normal dining habits.

Archived