Boston Hotels-pre-cruise?

GinnyF

I'll be sailing out of Boston on July 1, 06, and will need a hotel for the night of June 30. Since I'm traveling solo, I'd like something safe, not outrageously expensive, and close enough to the port so the taxi ride isn't prohibative. I know virtually nothing about Boston, so any help would be appreciated. (It's a long cruise-35 days-so will not be using any trains/busses to the ship as I'll have far too much luggage for that.) Thanks.

Ginny

I would suggest the Marriott Long Wharf or the Marriott Copley Plaza. Both hotels are nice and in a safe area, but are not cheap, unfortunately. There are very few, if any, hotels close to the port, but a taxi cab ride is available.

Also, check this web site for Boston Hotels: http://www.shoppingnowonline.com

Hope this helps, I am sure others here can be of some help as well.

I'll be sailing out of Boston on July 1, 06, and will need a hotel for the night of June 30. Since I'm traveling solo, I'd like something safe, not outrageously expensive, and close enough to the port so the taxi ride isn't prohibative. I know virtually nothing about Boston, so any help would be appreciated. (It's a long cruise-35 days-so will not be using any trains/busses to the ship as I'll have far too much luggage for that.) Thanks.

Ginny

I'd try Holiday Inn Express...they offer free shuttle service to Black Falcon Pier (cruise port) and are just over $100 a night. Very reasonable for Boston, expecially in the summertime.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/EX/1/en/hd/boshj

• 4 months later...

Did you find a hotel? We are 2 ladies sailing on the Maasdam on July 1, 2006 and staying at the Holiday Inn Express prior to the cruise. We would be happy to meet up with you. We will arrive on the 28th so that we can tour around Boston for a few days. See you in July.

I am from Boston and the Copley Plaza is not really close to Black Falcon at all. It is in a nice part of town but for just one night I would avoid it - it is also a further ride from the airport than the Marriott Longwarf. The Seaport hotel is the closest to the cruise ships but it is also expensive.

Did you find a hotel? We are 2 ladies sailing on the Maasdam on July 1, 2006 and staying at the Holiday Inn Express prior to the cruise. We would be happy to meet up with you. We will arrive on the 28th so that we can tour around Boston for a few days. See you in July.

I'm staying at the Sheraton Braintree prior to the cruise. I'll be meeting with Boston area friends for the one night I'm there, but would very much enjoy meetng you on board. I'm not sure how to arrange this, given this public forum-any suggestions? Perhaps the Explorer's Lounge at 1 PM on the first full day at sea?

Ginny

Archived