Has anyone flown BMI

Deloresgardella

I have lived in the UK for the last couple years. We have flown BMI several times from Heathrow to Durham Teeside (where we live). Never had a problem with the airline, although have not done an overseas flight with them. The one thing they are sticklers about is the luggage weight. On a Radisson cruise this summer, we were hit with a surcharge while flying from Teeside to London (our ship departed from Dover). I like to travel back and forth from the US on either Virgin Atlantic or Northwest.

Cheers, Pam

Like the others, I've only flown BD within the UK.

I have heard that the trans-Atlantic service has been very good. However, reportedly they've recently been joining the rush to the bottom by starting to charge for drinks etc. Also, their schedules have been relatively unstable of late, with a lot of changes as aircraft have been redeployed off the Atlantic to other routes.

The domestic and shorthaul products have also undergone significant change. The "modular airline" is a heavily-derided piece of airline management speak.

We flew to London and back from Dulles in May 2004 for a cruise from Dover.

It was the worst flying experience that we have ever had.(We have traveled world wide on many different airlines). The service was poor on the flights and at Manchester and Heathrow. They have advertised fine dining, but on the flight over it was horrible. I asked for beef and ate my salad and then opened the entree to find horrible smelling fish, not the one that was on the day's selection. It must have been there from another flight. I waited until the server walked by and told her of the issue. She looked at it and said, "Oh, that is not beef. I don't have anything else" and quickly walked away. There was nothing else to ea,, and they were not offering any snacks because, as they had announced, there was someone on the flight who had a peanut allergy and that we would not be allowed to open any food that we had brought on board. They do have a chef on board for the business class and I guess that I should have asked to speak to him, but I did not. In the morning, they served "toasties" with juice. They were burnt and one bite was enough.

Checking in in Heathrow was a problem and we had to sit with our luggage for over three hours because they could not check it because other flights were leaving before ours. When they did take it, they checked it straight through to Dulles even though we were having to stay overnight. When we got to Manchester my hubby wanted to make sure that the luggage was not on the baggage pickup area. Good thing that we did as it was there even though they were tags for IAD. We hauled it over to the area where we would check in and the attendant was surley and tore the tickets off and said that it was not checked through. I thought that a pushing match was about to start.

Archived